Far Cry Movie

silkster

I say the settlement be $23: http://www.walmart.com/ip/12335706?sourceid=1500000000000003260390&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12335706

there's no reason to pay any dollar more than the product is worth

To hell with buying, netflix the beoch. Netflix is fn awesome plus you can watch the movies online as well with membership :)

Btw, nice new avatar Ivy :)

Yeah the new streaming service is nice, I have to use that more often.

And thanks haha

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say the settlement be $23: http://www.walmart.com/ip/12335706?sourceid=1500000000000003260390&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12335706

there's no reason to pay any dollar more than the product is worth

Yeah the new streaming service is nice, I have to use that more often.

And thanks haha

The settlement or judgment (if your successfully sued) costs are not based on the lose of 1 sale there based on multiple factors like court costs, lawyers costs, statutory damages and looses to the copyright holder they also sue for a large amount to try to scare people into not downloading copyrighted material.

Edited by fire_storm

The settlement or judgment (if your successfully sued) costs are not based on the lose of 1 sale there based on multiple factors like court costs, lawyers costs, statutory damages and looses to the copyright holder they also sue for a large amount to try to scare people into not downloading copyrighted material.

But they couldn't do jack to him if he owns the movie, which is punishment enough :lol:

But they couldn't do jack to him if he owns the movie, which is punishment enough :lol:

What Fire Storm is saying is that Silky took place in uploading the movie by utilizing the BitTorrent program

I didn't download anything :yucky: I deny everything! :mellow:

btw, Bit Torrent does both download and uploading simultaneously.

Edited by silkster

I thought he downloaded the movie?

Technically, when you use a P2P like BitTorrent, while you are DLing you are also uploading. There are ways to cancel the uploads but it still happens. You see it a lot on Limewire.

You clearly do not understand the law. It is irrelevant if he owns a copy of the movie, he uploaded it to others and that is infringement.

You clearly do not understand the law. It is irrelevant if he owns a copy of the movie, he uploaded it to others and that is infringement.

How else is the file going to keep going?? People have to keep seeding files to keep them available. It should be on those who don't own the movie, he's just helping the torrent's health. This doesn't necessarily make him part of the crime, he could have just wanted a copy to keep on an external harddrive or flashdrive instead of lugging around a dvd.

How else is the file going to keep going?? People have to keep seeding files to keep them available. It should be on those who don't own the movie, he's just helping the torrent's health. This doesn't necessarily make him part of the crime, he could have just wanted a copy to keep on an external harddrive or flashdrive instead of lugging around a dvd.

He's helping the health of an illegal torrent. Sure he may not have stolen the movie but he's helping others steal it by uploading it. He IS part of the crime no matter how you slice it. If he had wanted to have the movie stored on external hard drive or flash drive, he should have ripped from his own DVD(though I remember some group trying to say that even making personal backups like that is illegal, but I don't think they had much success pushing that through the court system). Or better yet, he should have bought it via an online outlet that provides a digital download of the movie.

Edited by iKillSteal

He's helping the health of an illegal torrent. Sure he may not have stolen the movie but he's helping others steal it by uploading it. He IS part of the crime no matter how you slice it. If he had wanted to have the movie stored on external hard drive or flash drive, he should have ripped from his own DVD(though I remember some group trying to say that even making personal backups like that is illegal, but I don't think they had much success pushing that through the court system). Or better yet, he should have bought it via an online outlet that provides a digital download of the movie.

Oh yeah didn't think of that hahaha. Good point, forget what I said. Though they better let people backup their own stuff