Far Cry Movie

silkster

depending.. have you ever gotten a cease actions letter from your isp before?

Nope, I've never gotten a cease actions letter from Verizon before. I've read up defendants who hired lawyers for these infringements cases ended up in a bigger mess (sued for millions) instead of just paying a settlement (couple of thousands) . =\

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you.. March 30th of 2010, a bunch of subpoenas were sent out to several thousands. Even if you downloaded this film before that date (my IP appeared on the torrent logs on Nov 9 2009), you will probably get a subpoena because these freaking @ssholes are aggressively obtaining server logs of bit torrent sites from multiple sources (Pirate Bay, ISOhunt, h33t, ect..)

For that above poster who claim he saw the film but feels good for not getting sued... just wait for it buddy.

You could pay a small fee and just go...ya know....buy the movie what can they say then :P

A small price to pay for what you've done

dig deep at Walmart's discount dvd bin, I'm sure it's there

That still wouldn't do anything to solve the problem most of the time you get sued for uploading movies not downloading although it is still possible to get sued for downloading them bitorent works both ways as your downloading your also uploading and uploading copyrighted material without permission from the owner is considered copyright infringement which is why you can not simply go out and buy the movie and say you already own and then the case is thrown out of court.

These anti p2p file sharing companies have been doing this for years and obviously many people have probably already though of the I already bough the movie or song or unsecured wireless router excuses and they still got sued.

Edited by fire_storm

That still wouldn't do anything to solve the problem most of the time you get sued for uploading movies not downloading although it is still possible to get sued for downloading them bitorent works both ways as your downloading your also uploading and uploading copyrighted material without permission from the owner is considered copyright infringement which is why you can not simply go out and buy the movie and say you already own and then the case is thrown out of court.

These anti p2p file sharing companies have been doing this for years and obviously many people have probably already though of the I already bough the movie or song or unsecured wireless router excuses and they still got sued.

ever heard of BitThief? You could say that you used that program.

ever heard of BitThief? You could say that you used that program.

The anti p2p companies have software that connects to these bitorrent swarms which then trys to connect and download the copyrighted material from the bitorrent users and in the process they usually log the IP address of the person they received the copyrighted files from and the p2p client they were using. So in court they just say they used software to connect to your bitorrent client and they received copyrighted files from your computer. If there is any doubt about the method the user used to commit copyright infringement they will probably just issue you a sophenia to hand over all your computers so they can be searched for copyrighted files.

Edited by fire_storm

You could pay a small fee and just go...ya know....buy the movie what can they say then :P

A small price to pay for what you've done

dig deep at Walmart's discount dvd bin, I'm sure it's there

To hell with buying, netflix the beoch. Netflix is fn awesome plus you can watch the movies online as well with membership :)

Btw, nice new avatar Ivy :)

this is just douchey

sounds to my like he's just angry that the only people viewing his film are those who torrented it, and wants their money

it also seems a little bit hypocritical of the anti p2p companies of how they go about catching these people

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found this form online:

http://www.savecinema.org/bollagsettlement.pdf

Looks like the settlement fee is $1,500.. is it worth hiring a lawyer or is it just easier to pay this amount? Dunlap | Grubb | Weaver is just some small law firm in Virginia.. these guys are in for MONEY!

This matches my case number: 1:10-cv-00453-RMC that was received by Verizon

Edited by silkster

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found this form online:

http://www.savecinema.org/bollagsettlement.pdf

Looks like the settlement fee is $1,500.. is it worth hiring a lawyer or is it just easier to pay this amount? US Copyright Group is just some small law firm in Virginia.. these guys are in for MONEY!

This matches my case number: 1:10-cv-00453-RMC that was received by Verizon

It might be a good idea to settle when you consider the cost of hiring a lawyer and the amount of time and stress you will need to go through to fight it out in court may cost you many times more then what the settlement is. If your motion to squash the subpoena fails and they offer the settlement I'd suggest having a lawyer read the settlement and have him explain it to you so you don't accidentally get tricked into signing something that could hurt you even more.

Edited by fire_storm