2010 OCC update feedback thread

Even though I knew what to expect visually, it'll take a few days or so of actually using the updated forums to nail down some of the stuff that could do with tweaking.

At the moment it is simply nice to have it in place.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the lower part of the thread window where you choose your reply options etc. At first I was a bit frustrated and I couldn't even find the fast reply button so I changed it up a bit here and there to make it more organized and I think it's easier to choose what you want to do. I also think that a fast reply button should be added instead of the little window.

I prefer the Fast reply box...1 click and post...it just dont get any easier than that...why add another button to click to get the box only to click yet again to type...that just makes more work....

EDIT:

only thing I would like to see changed....can we get back the clicking a link opens a new tab dealio...?

I prefer the Fast reply box...1 click and post...it just dont get any easier than that...why add another button to click to get the box only to click yet again to type...that just makes more work....

EDIT:

only thing I would like to see changed....can we get back the clicking a link opens a new tab dealio...?

you realize there is a dark blue text box @ the bottom and as soon as you click there you an start typing then just hit reply...

yup. and yea I think that the extra button for fast reply isn't really necessary after all. The box that you click on is good but it should be moved up cuz I have to scroll extra to get to it. I think it should have a priority thus being higher instead of the other stuff...like I did in the image.

yup. and yea I think that the extra button for fast reply isn't really necessary after all. The box that you click on is good but it should be moved up cuz I have to scroll extra to get to it. I think it should have a priority thus being higher instead of the other stuff...like I did in the image.

i..... i...... actually agree with this.... huh.gif

along with moving it up I think it should also have a white background so it stands out a bit more. as well as a white background for the normal reply box though I mentioned that in my feedback on the previous page. Also, along with white being a bit nicer for the eyes, it's easier to see the highlighted things since highlighting is also in blue.

Concerning the Pinned posts on the thread boards: As I said, it's hard to tell apart a post from a pinned post and it takes a bit of time to find the first post. My idea was to move the pinned posts a bit to the right. After looking at the image I thought about maybe adding a small pin icon right before the pinned posts, completely on the left side, then comes the orange or blue folder icon, and then comes the thread name. Normal posts won't have the icon thus they will be easier to spot. The pin icon could easily replace the "Pinned" sign. Takes less space and is more effective.

Also the new forum's icon on the Browser's tabs is a now a blue square with a "V" like shape which is transparent. This should probably be changed too to the original "OC" on a black background icon.

Finally, it's just an idea but since some people including aren't very happy with the forum dark blue color, maybe there should be an option in everyone's Profile Settings that changes from dark to light blue or something...so that everyone could choose whatever is better for their eyes and is more comfortable.