Because resolution is always irrelevant. The only reason he'd be gaming at a low res is if his monitor doesn't support it.

ballist1x is that you? :withstupid:

<!--quoteo(post=1808474:date=May 4 2010, 07:53 AM:name=Nicckko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nicckko @ May 4 2010, 07:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1808474"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hello,

Dual 5770

+1 for this

The original msg of being able to CF 2 cards in the same lineup is correct, but if you do CF a 5830 x 5850, the higher card will ALWAYS downclock to the lower card. Yes you can then OC, but you will only be able to get the max performance that 2 5830's would have gotten, not the 5850's max potential!

ya but surely there would be a little extra umph from the added SP's, not much but it's still worth mentioning. Who knows, maybe the 5830 can clock higher than the 5850 in question.

I have to ask. The original poster was split between a 5850 and two 5770's and has said the 5830 he already has won't be used, so why are we still talking about the 5830? If he has the money for the 5850 and likes it he should get as it is the better option.

I have to ask. The original poster was split between a 5850 and two 5770's and has said the 5830 he already has won't be used, so why are we still talking about the 5830? If he has the money for the 5850 and likes it he should get as it is the better option.

though if the 5770s were in question....what of the 5830?

ya but surely there would be a little extra umph from the added SP's, not much but it's still worth mentioning. Who knows, maybe the 5830 can clock higher than the 5850 in question.

NEVER, you can research this yourself easily! No matter what same series ATI cards you are CFing, if they are different, the CF will always downclock to the lesser card. Really IVIYTHOS, I'm not pulling your leg here, it is a fact. You will get NO extra "umph" for a 5830 x 5850 vs 5830 x 5830.

Now, I also agree that the OP was talking about 5770x2 vs 5850, but I just wanted to give a +1 for the CF comment!

Moving On - 2 the OP - Are you planning on CFing the 5850 if you go in that direction in the future? This is a very important question! If you are not going to CF the 5850 down the road, and the system you are putting together now is going to be complete when you are done, with no upgrade interest in the future, then I personally would go with the 5770x2 setup everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays! You will get a solid jump in performance vs 1 5850, heck 5770x2 as mentioned beats a 5870! I know this 1st hand as I have 2 5870's and many 5770's! I know 3dMark06 is just a useless benchmark, but with 2 5770's in CF on my sig i7 sytem I'm in the mid 27K, and 60FPS in Crysis!

So I think it really depends on where you want this particular system to go, are you gonna upgrade, or is it going to be complete!

Upgrade = 5850

Finished = 2 x 5770 CF

IMO

Edited by SpeedwayNative

NEVER, you can research this yourself easily! No matter what same series ATI cards you are CFing, if they are different, the CF will always downclock to the lesser card. Really IVIYTHOS, I'm not pulling your leg here, it is a fact. You will get NO extra "umph" for a 5830 x 5850 vs 5830 x 5830.

Now, I also agree that the OP was talking about 5770x2 vs 5850, but I just wanted to give a +1 for the CF comment!

Moving On - 2 the OP - Are you planning on CFing the 5850 if you go in that direction in the future? This is a very important question! If you are not going to CF the 5850 down the road, and the system you are putting together now is going to be complete when you are done, with no upgrade interest in the future, then I personally would go with the 5770x2 setup everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays! You will get a solid jump in performance vs 1 5850, heck 5770x2 as mentioned beats a 5870! I know this 1st hand as I have 2 5870's and many 5770's! I know 3dMark06 is just a useless benchmark, but with 2 5770's in CF on my sig i7 sytem I'm in the mid 27K, and 60FPS in Crysis!

So I think it really depends on where you want this particular system to go, are you gonna upgrade, or is it going to be complete!

Upgrade = 5850

Finished = 2 x 5770 CF

IMO

I never said it didn't downclock to begin with, but 5850 still has it's extra stream processors, and if the 5830 OC's better than there will be no real bottleneck (other than it being the weaker link in reference to the stream processor count). I'm not saying it would be a large difference but in some select intensive graphics processing, I believe the 5830 and 5850 combo would prove to be a little bit more capable