The time and money is finally right for me to buy myself a new PC! :D

This 7 y/o one is becoming too slow as it can't even run COD2 anymore :(

So this is what I came up with for a budget of ~800

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was prepared for you to say that, but LC Power is actually a good European PSU maker. Alot of people I know have used/use them and have/had no problems with them. It's also rated bronze (80+ efficiency).

I would get an Antec 900 case, instead of that Coolermaster. You will have to spend just a little bit more $$$, but the 900 moves a lot more air and will help keep everything in your case cooler! Lower temps will give you more headroom on OverClocking, as well as help your components last longer!

Hmm, I was thinking about getting a ninehoundred two, yeah. Migth consider buying it instead of the CM.

BTW, as I see you own an antec 900 yourself, I wonder, how loud are the fans? As I don't want my computer to be too loud..

Edited by Ql1max

The Antec cases come with their signature Tri-Cool fans stock. They have "high, med, and low" settings on the switches. I keep all of mine on high, and the noise doesn't bother me at all. But, you can always just turn them down if it's louder than you want! I think you will be very happy with the 902 if you get it, and won't mind the fans even at med or high. I can def tell you that when I crank my gpu fan to 100% during benching, I can easily hear it over my Antec case fans!

Hope that helps!

( sorry for re post) a better case would be a cooler master haf 922 with 2 20cm fans stock and one 12mm i have it and it works wonders.

the cpu is great to i oc'd mine to 3.8ghz!

good statment for the psu i have an lc power and i cant oc my gpu high enough di to lack of amperage on 12V rail so try to go for a 60 amp 12V rail psu or something like that!!

good luck

Edited by chrisdebx

Get the 720 BE instead. You can save the extra money to upgrade to a 5870. You don't get that much better FPS with a 955 BE vs the 720 BE, but you will with a 5870 vs a 5850. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to unlock a stable 4th core? :P

Oh hell no! Cooler Master 690>Antec 900 :thumbs-up:

And that psu looks sketchy. I didn't find any reliable reviews on it using google.

Sorry, even though I am a huge Antec fan, I have to passionately disagree with this trump statement!

You are getting much better airflow with the Antec 900

Antec 900 stock fans - 2 x 120mm front intake, 1 x 120mm back exhaust, 1 x 200mm top exhaust

Cooler Master 690 stock fans - 1 x 120mm front intake, 1 x 120mm side intake, 1 x 120mm back exhaust

Both cases have places to add fans, so this is a moot point!

The Antec will move more cfm of air from the front to back, this can't be argued! The Antec will cool better, this is obvious. So, I'm failing to see how a Cooler Master 690 > Antec 900

Antec 900 > Cooler Master 690 FTW