Sign in to follow this  
ben333

[WTB] Socket 478 Board /w AGP and DDR

Need to replace a Dell XPS's board. Will be using a Pentium 4 3 GHz with HT and four 512 MB DDR 400 sticks. If anyone has a board that'll take my parts and they know runs, I'd be interested. Any board that will take the parts will work, full size ATX and OC options are a plus, but not required.

Need to replace a Dell XPS's board. Will be using a Pentium 4 3 GHz with HT and four 512 MB DDR 400 sticks. If anyone has a board that'll take my parts and they know runs, I'd be interested. Any board that will take the parts will work, full size ATX and OC options are a plus, but not required.

You didn't go far enough back in time with your time machine.

Like... 9 more years and you got it ;)

I've got about 20 various 478 boards at the moment, I'm at work though so I don't remember ANY of the model numbers so It'll be a day or so before i can get that though I know a few of them have 4 ram slots etc so I'm rather certain I have SOMETHING that will work. What kind of price range are you trying to stay in?

Not sure about that time machine comment...? Back in 2005, I bought a Dell for around $300 and it had a Celeron 2.5 with 256 MB of RAM... The system I'm trying to rebuild is in my opinion worth it, and would be second best to my C2D box.

@cchalogamer,

Anything with a 478 pin socket, AGP slot and four DDR slots will work. I'd prefer a quality board over a junky mATX with onboard video, but whatever works I guess. As for the price thing, cheap would be nice. You say you have a few boards, and the 478 / DDR 1 platform is kinda dated, so a deal would be cool.

Night time bump. If anyone could give me a few details on a board they have and a price, that'd be great. I thought about this build more, and these were quality parts in their day, so I guess a quality board would be nice.

Yeah I'll be driving by the "Storage location" aka my Grandmother's house after work tomorrow afternoon and I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Looking forward to it :) Now finally, I can build that dream rig I wanted to build right around the time I started checking out OCC lol.

I got some kind of MSI board upstairs I saw the other day with a cpu in it, its probably a 3.0HT more than likely. I thought I had sold all of them, guess I missed one...

Egh, you could easily get an older Dell with socket 775 for 50-75 dollars. The first PC I bought was an Optiplex with a P4 3.0ghz with HT. I got that baby a few years back for a hundred bucks and it was my pride and joy.

Well, I only need the board, nothing else. 478, not 775.

*slowly getting discouraged...bump* bump

Sign in to follow this