Overclocking help?

should i lower the timings on my ram since i am lowering the frequency or should i let it at stock.

Do you not read. POST YOUR SYSTEM SPECS AND ALL YOUR BIOS SETTINGS. We cannot help you otherwise. Any recommendations without your specs, voltages, ect. are just plain outrageous recommendations. A pro overclocker can advise you. A novice will give crapshoots on what to do without full information. I don't want to offend you but please help us help you.

Edited by Drdeath

Do you not read. POST YOUR SYSTEM SPECS AND ALL YOUR BIOS SETTINGS. We cannot help you otherwise. Any recommendations without your specs, voltages, ect. are just plain outrageous recommendations. A pro overclocker can advise you. A novice will give crapshoots on what to do without full information. I don't want to offend you but please help us help you.

Memtest will be fine to test memory but post the system specs all your hardware, cpu, mobo,ram,psu,gpu, hdd, ect........ and BIOS SETTINGS.

sorry didnt realize on this forum i didnt post my specs in my sig.

MB: ASRock 890gx extreme 3

CPU: AMD phenom II X2 555 > unlocked to X4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz

RAM: 2x 2Gb G.Skill 1600 CL9 NQ series @ 9-9-9-24

GPU: ubsing IGP for right now

SSD: OCZ 32Gb Vertex (using for OS boot)

HDD: WD 500Gb Caviar Blue (using for documents, etc)

PSU: Antec Basique Series 550W modular

Case: Antec 200 S

as far as bios settings, i guess i am a noob, but can you give me an example of what you are looking for? Try not to get too frustrated with me, while i tend to think of myself as pretty computer literate, OC'ing is new to me, so i never had a reason before to go into the bios.

as far as bios settings, i guess i am a noob, but can you give me an example of what you are looking for? Try not to get too frustrated with me, while i tend to think of myself as pretty computer literate, OC'ing is new to me, so i never had a reason before to go into the bios.

Go to your bios and write down all your:

• Voltages
  • Multiplier
  • HTT
  • NB frequencies
  • Hypertransport
  • Ram frequencies
  • Ram timings

Overclocking can be painstaking, just be patient.

Edited by Drdeath