Sapphire Toxic HD 5970 4GB Edition Tested

Nemo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ccokeman.. have i ever told you how much i love you? :wub::lol:

This is your Best Graphics Card Review to date! filled to the brim with juicyness, and i love the addition of Power consumption and Temperature Charts, add to that the New games And stock+Overclocked Charts for Every card = Pure Win :thumbs-up:

Its Expensive to say the least, but your Definatly getting your money's worth! more infact, seeing as its supposed to retail for the same price as a Regular 5970! + you get MW2, Dirt2 and all those other Accessories! :)

Could you give the exacy size of this new txoic card, given it is half inch shorter that the reference card?

The specs for the fractal R2 tower are 290mm max but I guess I could grab a few inch so it might make the deal! please let me know?

Is it just me or are there a few oddities with the temperature chart? Both the 5870 and the GTX 480 manage to have a DECREASED temperature when overclocked (the 5870 by 21 degrees). It becomes even odder when you look at the power chart on the next page, where the GTX 480 pulled nearly as much as the 5970 2GB.

Some of the idle temps seemed to drop once you overclocked as well.

Is it just me or are there a few oddities with the temperature chart? Both the 5870 and the GTX 480 manage to have a DECREASED temperature when overclocked (the 5870 by 21 degrees). It becomes even odder when you look at the power chart on the next page, where the GTX 480 pulled nearly as much as the 5970 2GB.

Some of the idle temps seemed to drop once you overclocked as well.

i think you're reading the charts wrong, as the temps look perfectly accurate to me :blink: The first two charts are at STOCK speeds & the bottom two charts are at OC'd speeds... the graphs even say this

And those power consumption graphs are spot on as well. It really shows how much of a power hog the 480 is. In case you think our testing is flawed:

35mqujd.jpg

there's power consumption from hardwarecanucks. ;)

Obviously you can't directly compare the #'s themselves, as test systems and method of measuring differ... but you can see how close the 480 comes to the 5970 in their graph as well

Cookeman, good review. But could you please get the Asus Crosshair IV alnog witht he AMD Phenom II X6 that ajmatson used in his review ... then lock & load !

Groans loudly................................................................

Turns out the pricing that was given was in correct. Its actually going to retail for $1099.

Sorry for the confusion guys, I have updated the review.

The descriptions for the new games are beautifully written :closedeyes:

:D

Yeah, after I helped you fix an error. :lol::P

Even better review with all the new charts and games added in.. yet oddly, I never wanted a 5970 until now. :lol: Before the new price. :P