Guild Wars 2

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can now change your account name. https://account.guildwars2.com/account

My account name is my old Yahoo email that I never use. Now I can finally change it.

=============================================

My Asura Guardian will be the named Ser Duncan the Tall :D

My HoM rewards to use:

Armor

88886280.jpg

First loadout

18119042.jpg

68253654.jpg

Second loadout

29699363.jpg

or

52682707.jpg

My Norn Ranger will be named Tanselle Too Tall :P

My HoM rewards to use:

First loadout

42286622.jpg

Second loadout

29699363.jpg

Next character maybe named Not Too Tall Not Too Short. Waiting for the next book from Dunk & Egg to find out.

How to claim your HoM rewards in GW2

I just saw this on GMG so beware for those who bought it there:

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 8TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

To end on a good note, Guild Wars 2 giveaway (requires Facebook): https://www.sabrepc....2-Giveaway.aspx

Edited by AZNguyen

Been having a blast. Created 3 characters to save names. Been playing my Asura Warrior. Fiery Dragon Sword is so badass. I'll have to do a full body screenshot when the servers get back up. I thought I did more but only found two in my folder.

Ran into a Robin Hood this morning: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/gw220120825020219683.jpg/

I'll keep posting, because this is honestly the only good mmorpg out there.

I present to you Karazhan's Prince fight on steroids. This boss is like a 20-25 (updated based on screenshot times) minute fight. Since most of the noobies there just sit at the bridge and die lol.

http://img33.imagesh...25224658633.jpg

http://img707.images...25230625810.jpg

Wah, Wah, GW2 has no end-game or raids. Hmm. You had to get to level 70 and geared to fight Prince in WoW. In GW2 you fight him at level 16 and he's crazy stronger and there are no dedicated healers/tanks to save you :rolleyes:

============================

Looking back on the screenshots its about 20-25 minutes. It would be faster if players knew the basic concept of don't stand in the fire. His lava rings do a lot of damage and do a knockdown. The boss just loves to stack multiples in one area really close together. If that happens and you don't have damage reduction skills or full dodge meter you might not make it out of it.

Most of the other players sat on the bridge fighting his adds and dying to the lava rings.

I pretty much ran in there like a boss and dodged his rings and kited his adds. Practically soloed him from like 95% to 30%. Then a few people caught the idea, oh we are suppose to get off this bridge and fight him, because he'll just keep spawning adds anyways

Edited by AZNguyen

Best MMO I've ever played, hands down. I've put 16hrs in since the headstart and im a lvl 23 Norn Engineer. Game is nothing like it was in beta, it's better. Game plays smooth, beatiful graphics, music and any kind of PvP you can dream of... this MMO truly is a gamechanger..

Some random tips for new players.

1. How to get to any major city.

Press H, click PvP tab, and click Go To the Heart of the Mists.

gw220120827113350167.jpg

Run to Lion's Arch Asura Gate

gw220120827113448457.jpg

Run to Asura Gates to the capital cities of each race.

gw220120827113710096.jpg

2. Unlock all your weapon skills early, so you can see what you like best.

Find or buy all the equip-able weapons for your profession. Then just play with them to unlock all 3-5 skills available. To find all available weapons for your profession: press H, click Skills and Traits, and click Weapon Skills.

3. Exploring an entire zone gives rewards upon completion. This means completing every icon in the legend when you open the map.

4. You can reset your traits at your profession trainer for a fee. They are located in major cities. Talk to NPCs with the title "Directions" to find where things are.

5. Find speed boost givers in major cities to move around faster.

6. Not sure which skill to unlock? Go to the PvP Mists and try them out for free. You do not need to enter a match and they have target dummies.

7. You can send and receive mail from players on ANY server. Mailing is currently the only way of trading items.

8. You can trade gold for ArenaNet Store gems and vice versa at the Trading Posts, accessible through Trading Post NPCs or by pressing O key.

9. Buy all the gathering tools and equip them. Gather everything you see for resale or future use. You do not need any specific crafting profession to gather materials. Anyone can gather herbs, wood, and ore.

10. How do I get my Hall of Monuments reward?