Guild Wars 2

WhenKittensATK

Level 32-33 Warrior. Rocks in PvP, although I probably need to respec him for dungeons. Also did the story mode run of Asacalon Catacombs, level 30 dungeon. Loot wasn't so good, but I think they said better loot drops in the exploration mode like the dungeon armor sets.

It seems GW2 devs are doing giveaways and raffles at Gamestop stores on Sept 1st and they just happened to pick one not far from campus. Might go there and try and get some free stuff.

==============

Found a Ghostly Tonic that turns you into this guy: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/706/gw220120828010217888.jpg

Also fought an event boss in Eternal Battlegroup (WvW) that is just like the worm boss in Stonecore (WoW - Cata). Took maybe 20 minutes to kill him with like 25 people and he only dropped 2 medal of honors :( They def need to tweak the rewards for these bosses that take forever to kill.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1384/gw220120827205146797.jpg

Edited by AZNguyen

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Status update on what they are focusing on fixing:

I checked my /age this morning, 60 hours played haha. Took a break to do school work.

So far the Elementalist is the most player skill based profession. A lot of of micro-managing between all 4 elements. Or you could be oblivious and just spam every button and hope that works too, probably won't :P

Also started up on my Guardian and perhaps I'll eventually get to my Ranger and Necromancer (level 1s) in the coming weeks.

The current trade ratio for game currency to store gems is 2 silver for 1 gem. So not too bad, but a little expensive for new players. I have roughly 1g67s at level 34. I salvaged all my items from level 5 till like level 28, so missed out on a chunk of money. So by the time you hit 30 you should probably have enough to trade 500 gems for bank expansion or w/e.

Edited by AZNguyen

Trading Post when Live! today. This is probably the best implementation of a AH I've EVER seen. You can put up orders with a price that other players can complete for you if they want. All exact items are stacked into one slot with the lowest price shown (why haven't I seen more games doing this). Posting items from anywhere is also nice. They do restrict you to going to the NPC to pick up your purchases and sales, probably to prevent people from buying items and instantly using them out in the field (PvP stuff, Dungeons, and/or 10 mail item limit).

D3 AH can go burn in hell. How did they go from the WoW AH to D3 AH.

Edited by AZNguyen

Trading Post when Live! today. This is probably the best implementation of a AH I've EVER seen. You can put up orders with a price that other players can complete for you if they want. All exact items are stacked into one slot with the lowest price shown (why haven't I seen more games doing this). Posting items from anywhere is also nice. They do restrict you to going to the NPC to pick up your purchases and sales, probably to prevent people from buying items and instantly using them out in the field (PvP stuff, Dungeons, and/or 10 mail item limit).

D3 AH can go burn in hell. How did they go from the WoW AH to D3 AH.

Ah, thats how EvE Online's Market has been working since 2003, except that their markets are region locked for each region of the galaxy.

Through the years i have always wondered why no Fantasy MMO will implement a system like this and it has finally happened. :woo:

Although tbh in GW2 looks more like the contract system in EvE. :)

Got my GW2 loot after 1h40m line. GW2 Shirt, GW2 Poster with Sigs, and GW2 celebration shirt (in-game, like the baseball cap). Met with 9 staffers. One was their in-game economist, which all the other staffers and players ragged on (in a friendly way) :D

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4166/dscf0293s.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1401/dscf0294yb.jpg

Unrelated, but on the same day. My random leftover people team won the LAN's CS:GO tourney lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this topic isn't on the front page constantly. Everyone too busy in game? :P I know I am

I am too. Hit 80 recently, 85% map completion (since I just refused to map out the home areas for each race).

Now just farming for my exotic 80 armor set. Ectos, Gossamer and Vials of Powerful Blood just had to be expensive mats, so farming it is!

Well damn I'm no where near the high level. I've only played a couple of hours w/ 2 characters. Tried Sylvari at first, got to level 12 w/ it and decided to try out Asura.

Now I probably won't ever play my Sylvari again :D I love the Asura and the Engineer class