Sapphire 5970 4gb review

no im saying the whole cooling unit itself is 24.5 dba or .5 sone thanks ccokeman... i knew it had to be quiet

also if you really wanna get into it... everytime you double the amount of fans it goes up 3dba (granted there the same one)... which on a meter is 2ce as loud... however to the ear every 10 db is 2ce as loud

Edited by unknownuser200

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the story better or worse... i cringe at the fact these are limited as well..... whats the point of making a card if no one but a review or benchmarker can pick it up anyway?

Edited by unknownuser200

was the story better or worse... i cringe at the fact these are limited as well..... whats the point of making a card if no one but a review or benchmarker can pick it up anyway?

Assuming you are correct and that these cards are a limited run, I can answer your question with one word:

Marketing.

It gives an indication of future potential. Future potential is hype. Hype is good for a manufacturer. Creating scarcity will increase demand for a product that nobody can acquire and artificially maintain the status as an 'elite' product and so forth.

And after all that, they'll probably increase production on them ...

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=24278&page=1 boooooo everyone says its noisey under full tilt!

http://arcticcooling.com/catalog/product_i...=2_&mID=545

though they seem to be pushing it past its rated fan speed so that maybe why?

ill be looking forward to OCC's review on this.. hopefully ccokeman can get a good overclock.. being they couldnt even do 15mhz higher

Edited by unknownuser200