Could someone confirm/deny something for me?

This person's review's cons say:

"Cons: If you use and memory over 1333 Mhz it has to overclock the CPUs internal memory controller which is really not up to the task. I unwittingly did this and it burned out a memory controller and caused a core to fry itself. There are also a number of features that are trademarked in obscure language and run with a go ahead or even automatically and void warranty such as turbo key II which is a auto overclocking device and core unlock that causes 3 core cpu's to open a reserver core and overheat"

I don't know if that's legit, or if it even makes any sense. :unsure:

Also the part about the this that "run automatically and void warranty" seems a little off.

Could someone confirm or deny this? Particularly the part about the memory controller.

This person's review's cons say:

"Cons: If you use and memory over 1333 Mhz it has to overclock the CPUs internal memory controller which is really not up to the task. I unwittingly did this and it burned out a memory controller and caused a core to fry itself. There are also a number of features that are trademarked in obscure language and run with a go ahead or even automatically and void warranty such as turbo key II which is a auto overclocking device and core unlock that causes 3 core cpu's to open a reserver core and overheat"

I don't know if that's legit, or if it even makes any sense. :unsure:

Also the part about the this that "run automatically and void warranty" seems a little off.

Could someone confirm or deny this? Particularly the part about the memory controller.

lol both intel core i7 and Phenom ii are "Rated" for 1333mhz... but they can still run higher than that... so why would companies make and manufacture anything higher than 1333 mhz if it was gonna damage the processor.. it sounds like a load of bull crap to me he probly burned it out with improper cooling or not knowing what he was doing. i believe the "internal memory controller" runs in conjunction with the cpu-nb frequency... which is manually controller.. but i could be wrong on that part. if your really worried about it just use 1333mhz the difference between 1333 and 1600.. and probably higher is barley notable.. and its not noticeable on product reviews read them with a grain of salt because some people are just really really stupid, and also people are more likely to review something if something bad happened or if it didn't work, vs someone who is more content with a product.

Edited by actionstan

I would feel very confident in saying this is false. Memory runs at a proportional speed to the processor...so at stock speeds, 1333mhz rated memory may be running as slow as 1066mhz or even slower.

I have never heard of memory clock speeds damaging anything other than the memory and that is only if excessively overclocked, with high voltage.

Edited by jlqrb

I don't think this is true but if it concerns you then find lower voltage RAM. It's out there if you look. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820226122 DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 timings @ 1.35v. If you want a quad core CPU buy a quad core. None of the dual core or tri cores are guaranteed to unlock or be stable.

Like so many comments posted on NewEgg by users. He is an idiot. Reminds me of a user comment I read at Tiger Direct.

I bought this CPU as an upgrade for my video editing suite and after a week of use, my computer just shut off and I started smelling burnt silicone. I inspected my computer and found that half the socket was molten. I do NOT recommend this CPU because of its obviously poor design. I already wrote a letter to Intel about this. Guess I should have used a CPU fan?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...EWS#ReviewStart

:withstupid:

The problem is that anyone can post a Newegg review, even if they have no clue what they are talking about.

Yes you should always check for compatibility issues when buying things like RAM, but it is pretty hard to do things that will damage hardware unless you start diving into the BIOS and changing things without knowing what you are doing.

Laughably false. The mobo reads the SPD on the memory sticks, and sets the memory divider, timings and voltages accordingly. It does not touch the HyperTransport clock speed, nor would it ever cause a CPU core to fry itself. Ever. Just look at the guy... he thinks tri-core processors have one in "reserve" that automatically overheats when unlocked by an "obscure" feature called "core unlocker." Core unlocker = unlocks a locked core. Obscure? Or just a dummy? I choose B.