Sign in to follow this  
Gr4vitas

Any bodybuilders here?

I'm currently taking 175g of protein daily, along with creatine monohydrate, L-glutamine and daily vitamins.

i would boost your protein to @ least 215g per day. For mass gaining you usually want to start @ 1.5g per lb of bodyweight. Some even say 2g, but see how your body reacts to 1.5g and once your system gets used to all the protein, you can step it up. Also a little red meat in your diet wouldn't hurt either ;)

i would boost your protein to @ least 215g per day. For mass gaining you usually want to start @ 1.5g per lb of bodyweight. Some even say 2g, but see how your body reacts to 1.5g and once your system gets used to all the protein, you can step it up.

Yea once I get into a bit more a strict regiment of working out and I get into a groove of my work outs weekly I'll step up the protein.

I don't do bodybuilding, but I'm into powerlifting and strongman. My school is having a strongman competition coming up on May 1st that I'll be doing. I like picking up heavy stuff and eating whatever I feel like.

dsc01501.jpg

I buy all my protein from here: True Protein. The 25 pound for $100 special beats everything even when you ship it across the country. Less than $5 per pound. I see ON whey on sale for $30 and people think its the best price ever.

Very cool, I'd never make it in any strong man stuff lmao I'm a twig, I'm only interested in physique, size, and overall cut bodybuilding look.

This is currently what I look like

(this is after a little bit of a 'pump session' to get my self pumped up a little bit lol so im a tiny bit smaller than what it appears to be)

IMGEDIT.jpg

start doing legs. your legs look skinny as hell in that pic & your legs is one of the easiest place to gain mass.

Squats are your friends ;)

start doing legs. your legs look skinny as hell in that pic & your legs is one of the easiest place to gain mass.

Squats are your friends ;)

Haha yea they do look skinny there, there aren't quite as small as that picture makes them look but yea they are small.

My thighs are actually somewhat decent their still small but not too bad, my calfs however need a lot of work

Edited by Gr4vitas

uh yea....

I am a body builder too.... just a different kind... I've been building fat around my mid section for 20+ years now...so the plan is working :)

I am 5'6" and 185 and I dont look it...I am pretty stocky for my size...but I work construction....

:withstupid: Been building my body almost 50 years, 6' 210#...

Haha yea they do look skinny there, there aren't quite as small as that picture makes them look but yea they are small.

My thighs are actually somewhat decent their still small but not too bad, my calfs however need a lot of work

squats squats squats ;)

weighted lunges / farmers walk are good too

squats squats squats ;)

weighted lunges / farmers walk are good too

I hear ya!

I had a membership at planet fitness, but it disgusts me how casual the treat things, no grunting, or noise making, not dropping plates (whether intentional or not)

So needless to say I signed up at this little hole in the wall place down the road from my house its literally 3 minutes away where as PF was like 30 minutes away. And its an oldschool place I really like it a lot, its a lot more like a real weight lifting atmosphere.

They let me work out in my bare feet too! Going to ask if I can workout without a shirt on next time I go in.

I hear ya!

I had a membership at planet fitness, but it disgusts me how casual the treat things, no grunting, or noise making, not dropping plates (whether intentional or not)

So needless to say I signed up at this little hole in the wall place down the road from my house its literally 3 minutes away where as PF was like 30 minutes away. And its an oldschool place I really like it a lot, its a lot more like a real weight lifting atmosphere.

They let me work out in my bare feet too! Going to ask if I can workout without a shirt on next time I go in.

ya some of the bigger places are a lot stricter, they don't want to scare away the soccer mom's :rolleyes:

glad you found a real gym to workout in. Thats one of the best places to learn new exercises as well

It would take two of you to make me! LOL I to have been on the mid section building program that has reached its zenith! I wish I ws close to that ripped about 20 years ago I was good but now pfffft!

It would take two of you to make me! LOL I to have been on the mid section building program that has reached its zenith! I wish I ws close to that ripped about 20 years ago I was good but now pfffft!

its hard lol. I am stuck with the same problem, fat around the waist area. Running everyday should solve that problem though and eating right.

Anyways, yeah you should work on your legs. I am 15 and I can squat 185lbs just for reference, so you should obviously be able to do more than that :)

although I only squat once in a while since I don't like it sometimes.(It feels really weird on your back at first, after a while when you get used to it it seems much easier)

Edited by Krieg1337

i've been body building for awhile now....You need to bulk up, add some mass. Don't believe all the supplements out there, if you lift properly and eat right you will see some gains. Never expect things to happen over night. I eat 5-7 meals a day. An example would be for breakfast I have 12 egg white, 2pcs whole grain bread un-toasted, 1 cup plain outmeal and then an orange or apple. Seems like alot but if you want to bulk you need to eat. My dinner might consist of a 4-6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup of rice long grain and some sort of vegetable. I eat all veggies raw. If you want to burn the fat around your waist....cardio - cardio - cardio.....burn the fat, get lean then begin the process of bulking up. If you want to get big then you also need to lift heavy with low reps....As for supplements.....I use bsn no-explode for a pre work out drink, right after my work out I slug back a 1-2 scoops whey protein with 2% milk. That's all the supplements I use. Remember, diet and proper lifting techniques will get you where you want to go.....Off season I am 6'4 255......Spring and summer I am 6'4 230 with 9% body fat......Work hard and it will pay off. Becareful with creatine....if used to much your body may stop producing it naturally....keep your sugar intake to a minimum....and lots and lots of water....I drink 1 gallon a day!!!!!!! Oh yeah and a new study suggests that working your legs stimulates muscle growth up top....don't for get your legs or abs....

Edited by Whitelightning