How The?

DexRain

So I'm building my buddy a new computer, and I just thought I'd share the specs on his old rig.

This little trooper managed to play WoW while running win7 ultimate

Specs1.png

It also had 640mb of mismatched DDR332, a 180 watt PSU and an atx board from Frys

It was in a very generic looking old case with no fans and the tiniest heatsink I've ever seen

Just thought I'd share it with you guys so you could marvel at the fact that it actually managed to play wow =]

what are you surprised about...?

WoW runs on Direct X 7 so the FX5200 would run it easily...and the Duron is a pretty decent chip...Win7 is alot better about adaptability than Vista is...

I have a 462 rig running a 1.2ghz duron still....of coarse 1 gig of ram though...pretty speedy in XP and an Win7 without AV...

Aww I used to have a duron. I think the computer was lost in a fire about 10 years ago. I do however still have my old athlon xp 1800+ :)

I need to go boot that old boy up and see what it's got.

Edited by sheldorisafk

WoW has a pathetic graphics engine... it'll run on your damn phone if you want :P

:withstupid: Running WoW isn't that impressive of a feat. It was purposely made to be able to run on machines like that.

:withstupid: Running WoW isn't that impressive of a feat. It was purposely made to be able to run on machines like that.

But if you want wow to be pretty you need a nice system. I dare you to walk through Dalaran with that computer. With settings maxed i get 12ish fps with a 9600GT and a amd athlon 5000+ with 2 gigs of ddr2 667. New computer coming soon. I hope to never have to list those embarrassing specs again.

This is true of most games though...

But if you want wow to be pretty you need a nice system. I dare you to walk through Dalaran with that computer. With settings maxed i get 12ish fps with a 9600GT and a amd athlon 5000+ with 2 gigs of ddr2 667. New computer coming soon. I hope to never have to list those embarrassing specs again.

This is true of most games though...

If you get embarrassed by computer specs that aren't really too old... You really need to reanalyze your life compared to others. <_<

Edited by DevilMB3017