Monitor black out when playing games...need help

Hey guys,

Recently my PC has been acting very strange. Whenever i play games.....or when i pause the game, after a few minutes or randomly....my monitor will blackout, but theres a sound coming out from my speaker....a jammed out sound(sound stuck at fixed tune). Moreover, when the display is blacked out,the power button on my monitor keeps blinking. So, i turned it off and on it again.....NO EFFECT............until i RESTART my PC....the display comes back on. I dont think theres a problem with my monitor as this only happens when im playing games...furthermore....theres a jammed up sound comming from my speakers..... Thus, this problem has been getting more and more frequent.

So, is it a virus or a hardware related problem??GRAPHICS CARD PERHAPS??

My PC: core 2 duo e8400 o'ced 3.6Ghz, nvidia geforce 9800GTX+ GPU, 4GB ddr2 1066MHZ RAM, 17 inch 1440x900 monitor

it looks like you set your resolution too high for your monitor in the game. Turn it down and see what happens.

Could also be video card drivers, update them too while your at it.

Virus, No

Hardware, No

Edited by CAINuKe

it looks like you set your resolution too high for your monitor in the game. Turn it down and see what happens.

Could also be video card drivers, update them too while your at it.

Virus, No

Hardware, No

Really???? the game i used to play works fine long ago without crashes....now...not anymore

Really???? the game i used to play works fine long ago without crashes....now...not anymore

did it happen after some sort of update, sometimes when a game is updated the visual settings reset.

What game is it?

Edited by CAINuKe

did it happen after some sort of update, sometimes when a game is updated the visual settings reset.

What game is it?

just cause 2, devil may cry 4, battleforge.....and now unreal tournament 3...which ran flawlessly last time. The problem is it blacks out randomly, or when u pause it and come back later....ull find it already blacked out...to solve the black out i have to restart my PC.....not even the power button does the trick.....it just keeps blinking. NOTE: SO far, this problem only happens when im playing games

just cause 2, devil may cry 4, battleforge.....and now unreal tournament 3...which ran flawlessly last time. The problem is it blacks out randomly, or when u pause it and come back later....ull find it already blacked out...to solve the black out i have to restart my PC.....not even the power button does the trick.....it just keeps blinking. NOTE: SO far, this problem only happens when im playing games

Update all your drivers and report back.

check your connections as well ...could be as simple as your monitor not being completely plugged properly (power/vga/dvi) or completely plugged into the computer

did you change your resolution settings recently? if you did, may not like the new setting ...if you have a setting different from your standard windows setting in your game settings, it might not like that