Edit folder location

Rockrtx

I got windows 7 64 bit on a 1 TB Hdd and got a second hdd of 250 GB with XP SP3 tha i keep to backup my data.

I copy and paste folder so i can access on other drive ( XP SP3 ) if main crash ( windows 7 ...)

I know many people edit the main folder with all important data to second HDD but if second Hdd crash or died it is kind of useless.

I did some research and found none.

So my question is can i address a folder on 2 Hdd? EX: keep original location and add second HDD so it write at both place and my dont worry about backup anymore C:,F:MY folder ???

You could get another hard drive and do Raid 1. It clones the 1st hard drive, so if either one crashes you still have a copy. Unless you have really bad luck and both hard drives go down.

Yes i know i can raid 2 drive to do it but will have to pull 80-100$ of my wallet for another Samsung spinpoint f3.

But still want to know if double address a folder is possible without a raid 1 config....?

The ease of using back-up software (Acronis True Image Home 2008) is worth the price, however, what you could do is create a simple batch script to run via Windows Task Scheduler where if you save items in a folder, it will trigger the batch script to run where it copies over the items from one folder in your main drive into a folder on your second hard drive. The batch script could do multiple copies for multiple folders, you wouldn't need more than 1 script. Simple IT task. Will let you figure it out, but if you need help, just let me know. :)

Edited by El_Capitan