Talking about some nutcases

road-runner

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO one of the problems is that their tasteless behavior is rewarded by giving them attention. It's Child Psychology 101, ignore them and you take away the woody they're getting from the reaction to their antics. Obviously it's tough to ignore if you're the subject of the protest, but the press doesn't help by elevating a handful of nut jobs to front page news. <_<

ignore them and you take away the woody they're getting from the reaction to their antics.

doubt it would stop them, these people have nothing else to do. if anything i imagine they would become even more intrusive and offensive.

It's . like this that makes me want to rage at Christianity.Being a Christian myself, from my experiences and observations, a great majority of Christians have lost sight of their faith, that is to say, Jesus' true message. And it's "churches" like these that offer concrete proof of this.

But what is Jesus' true message? If we take a look at Christian mythology, it's certainly not coming into our world and dying for our sins. No, that was the means by which he allowed us to be saved, by reopening the Gates of Heaven. To quote the Matrix, "I can only show you the door, you're the one that has to walk through it." Jesus' true message was the entire point of his earthly ministry, unconditional love for Everyone. He welcomed sinners, adulterers, Gentiles(people of non-Jewish descent), thieves, murderers, etc, into his company, to hear his teachings. He did not turn away anyone who came to him, no matter how much Jewish society disliked their kind. That was Jesus' message. Love your enemy as yourself. That was/is the the way in which we may truly be saved. God does not impede upon the free will he gave us, Salvation is ultimately up to ourselves, should we choose it or not, Jesus just opened the door...

It pains me to see churches like these who claim to be Christian, yet with every action they do, betray that very faith they claim to be a part of.

/rant

Oh Westboro Baptists, you never cease to amaze. I'm surprised these people haven't been shot.

Well coming to west by god with that crap may well get that done sooner then later

These people don,t take alot of crap from outsiders

I have a friend who works in Topeka and I've seen them across from the State capitol. It's really amazingly disgusting. The best way to deal with them is to absolutely ignore them. It's attention they crave.

As a veteran and a Christian I find their acts deplorable and disgusting. Their disgraceful corruption of God's word in the name of whatever they're trying to prove is not what Christianity is all about and I hope the courts slap them down big time. It's not free speech, it's harassment and an attempt at intimidation. They are a cult, not a church.

This is why I don't go to any church anymore. I can't stand religion anymore, because I always hear crap like this. First its Christian priests raping deaf boys(Yeah that is weird) then its these nut cases saying crap about dead people. Seriously, just shoot em all and be done with this. Then they can go to their "Heaven" and be happy :glare:

It should be against the law to picket a dead soldier's funeral.

It should be, I hope someone starts keeping track of when one of those scumbags from the church dies and thousands of people protest at there funeral, hell maybe a truck will accidentally jump in gear and run over the casket and knock it off the stand and take out a dozen or so of the slime bags...

Edited by road-runner

It should be, I hope someone starts keeping track of when one of those scumbags from the church dies and thousands of people protest at there funeral, hell maybe a truck will accidentally jump in gear and run over the casket and knock it off the stand and take out a dozen or so of the slime bags...

You just gave me an idea.. lol jk

It should be, I hope someone starts keeping track of when one of those scumbags from the church dies and thousands of people protest at there funeral

when one of his family dies, fred probably protests the funeral himself, claiming that god thought they weren't militant enough.