Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

Collateral damage video leaked in Iraqi

You guys are in-depth! I didn't even notice that haha.

Anyway, I'm glad of all the support you guys are giving to what these military personnel did. I wish more people were as detail orientated as yourselves...

I really like how people that don't know anything about war go sit on their comfortable chairs in front of their computers calling those Apache crew members murders and psychos...

First of all even if there wasn't any weapons, which is not true, the gunners reacted like there were guns present and that's what matters to me. They did the right thing! Maybe they did mistaken some cameras for guns but hey, they were on an Apache on Iraq in 2007, not watching a youtube video rewinding and checking if it was really guns or cameras.

Secondly they didn't starting shooting randomly shouting "get some!", they reported what they were seeing and asked permission to fire which was conceded. Yes, they were pumped but to kill the enemies of your country (America) and that's why you sent them there in the first place!

Just to end my post I would just like to add:

Were the Americans on the WTC mistaken by soldiers on a military watch tower in the middle of New York? I don't think so...

This is part of war. On 9-11 there were 3,000 collateral damage victims. If you aren't involved in the war get the hell out of the way. This is going to happen, there are always innocents getting killed in war, it has been and always will be a part of war especially when the enemy bears no flag or uniform.

One of our own congressman said the military goes in to thier homes at night and terrorizes people. That is why these things get blown up. The congressman who said this was George Murtha who also happens to be dead now, he would have had a field day with this.

Edited by InCrYsIs

The cameramen should have put their hands in the air and let the military detain them.

I listened to a journalist that was with the divisions that were being beaten to . over a few months and they couldn't take it anymore, so they called in airsupport.

The airmen targeted and shot armed militia within the area that was known to be hostile.

As LoArmistead said, if you are in that area AT ALL let alone with a weapon or with a group of people that have weapons then you should expect to be killed.

Should the video have been kept a secret and the story covered up?

No

Should the military be at fault for this?

No

Should the military have come right out and said that what it did was no without reason and that it stands by what occurred?

Absolutely...

As LoArmistead said, if you are in that area AT ALL let alone with a weapon or with a group of people that have weapons then you should expect to be killed.

:withstupid:

Even if your Unarmed you'll probably still get shot because how do we know you havn't got bombs strapped to you? :rolleyes: Theres a line which marks paranoia and the problem is that when your out there.. its real you get caught at the wrong place and time thats the end for you, You've been trained to kill, and told that women and children are just as likely targets. With that mindset and Under these live situations theres just SO much pressure and we just cant say that no-one gets paranoid, i guess if everyone kept their cool (both mentally and physically) we wouldnt be hearing about these sort of things - or would but Far less frequently.

This video showed the soldiers in the Apache's following the correct procedural protocol (note the 3 confirmations needed to engage), and they were NOT looking just to shoot something. They even sent a ground crew to check for survivors and take pictures. It was a military operation and they followed the rules of engagement and followed protocol.

This is coming from someone that's anti-war and I served in the U.S. Navy.

This video showed the soldiers in the Apache's following the correct procedural protocol (note the 3 confirmations needed to engage), and they were NOT looking just to shoot something. They even sent a ground crew to check for survivors and take pictures. It was a military operation and they followed the rules of engagement and followed protocol.

This is coming from someone that's anti-war and I served in the U.S. Navy.

:withstupid:

The only reason the gunner was antsy was because he was losing his line of sight when the targets were being concealed by the structures' cover.

As much as some would like to turn this into Full Metal Jacket...

"If they run, they're VC. If they stay still, they're well-disciplined VC."

Not that it's a completely reliable source of news, but the Colbert Report recently had the guy from Wikileaks on and pretty much yelled in his face.

Not that it's a completely reliable source of news, but the Colbert Report recently had the guy from Wikileaks on and pretty much yelled in his face.

He does that to every guest he has.

Guest ajmatson

I think everyone should watch Hurt Locker and then comment. If it was between mine and my comrades lifes or theirs in a WAR ZONE then sorry buddy. Reporter or not they knew the area was dangerous and they went. You would not see me snapping shots in a war zone and if I did I know their is a risk with the territory.