What are the advantages in an iPad?

Jump4h

I don't want to make this into a apple hater thread, so I'm just asking: what advantages does the ipad have over netbooks? I just can't figure out one..

I would want to see some apple fanboys explain why it is better :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Apple at their QA session. Because it doesn't have a stylus or a task manager they didn't fail :P.

The advantages over a netbook:

Lighter

Smaller

Snappy performance (so they say)

Landscape and Portrait view on the fly

10 hour battery life without a huge battery sticking out

Use your Apps from iTunes

I probably would just buy a high end netbook or an entry-level laptop for that price range. If you really want something like the iPad, also check out HP's Slate which fits the category of an iPad.

Strange it seems Apple and Microsoft switched stereotypes for their portables this time around.

Apple iPad seems to be more for productive workers, while Microsoft's Courier seems to be more for the creative worker.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Strange it seems Apple and Microsoft switched stereotypes for their portables this time around.

Apple iPad seems to be more for productive workers, while Microsoft's Courier seems to be more for the creative worker.

Well I don't know if I completely agree that it is more for "productive workers", as there is no real file system for your "office docs".

The only advantage the iPad has over a netbook, IMO, is the App Store.

Two or three stick out in my mind. I own an Acer Aspire One, and have had hands-on experience with the iPad as well.

1. Size and weight. Not just about footprint when the devices are closed by overall.

2. App Store - I have over $200 worth of AMAZING Apps on my iPhone. Most of which I use daily.

3. Touch-screen. And it is more accurate than a 30.06 bull rifle at 5 yards.

I won't be buying one anytime soon. I am interested in seeing the slate and it's offerings. To me the iPad is about $100 overpriced for each model. The 16GB Wi-Fi should have been $399.99.

3. Touch-screen. And it is more accurate than a 30.06 bull rifle at 5 yards.

I fail to see why that's a good thing. Touch screens are NOT good to type any reasonable amount of text on...

From what I can tell many people seem to think that the iPad is the second coming of Jesus in terms of laptops and netbooks. Hell...half of the people I've talked to about it seem to think it can do EVERYTHING that a full laptop can do. It's a lot of hype for an overpriced, oversized, iPod touch. :lol:

Edited by Waco

I fail to see why that's a good thing. Touch screens are NOT good to type any reasonable amount of text on...

From what I can tell many people seem to think that the iPad is the second coming of Jesus in terms of laptops and netbooks. Hell...half of the people I've talked to about it seem to think it can do EVERYTHING that a full laptop can do. It's a lot of hype for an overpriced, oversized, iPod touch. :lol:

About the only thing I can say to you, or anyone else thinking along the same lines, is to go and use one. It is not an oversized iPod Touch, and saying so is nothing short of ridiculous. Use one before you jump on the wagon is all I am saying. You really do have to experience it to understand why this is not just another device.

Overpriced ... I agree with you there.

The advantages over a netbook:

Use your Apps from iTunes

Hmm....but I don't use Itunes :blink: lol

About the only thing I can say to you, or anyone else thinking along the same lines, is to go and use one. It is not an oversized iPod Touch, and saying so is nothing short of ridiculous. Use one before you jump on the wagon is all I am saying. You really do have to experience it to understand why this is not just another device.

Overpriced ... I agree with you there.

Still doesn't change the fact that virtual keyboards are NEVER as productive as a physical keyboard.

I can type fairly quickly on my iPhone with little trouble, which is great for texting and even mobile emailing, but nothing beats a full physical keyboard of a netbook/notebook/desktop.