WD VelociRaptor 300GB

Ultra X3 1000-Watt

22 Inch & 32 Inch & 20 Inch & 19 Inch Monitors

3 Tower speakers and 2 centre speakers plus 5.1 and 2.1

NZXT Tempest Evo

Cooler Master V8

NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller

whats every one think of that

Personally I think the EVGA X58 SLI X3 Classified is a waste of money and if you are not going 3 way SLI then there is no need for that board.

I would drop the 4890 for the price you would save on the board and get a 5870.

Ultra PSU there is alot better ones out there.

Raptor again imo a waste of money any 1-2TB drive will give it a run for its money. Performance vs the size loss it not worth it.

If you plan on overclocking I would get a better cooler then the V8. Noctua stuff is really nice.

Hope that helps you a little.

:lol:

but seriously, Bosco was 100% right. Even though those 4890's will be faster in CF than a single 5870, investing that much $$ in a previous gen card would be foolish. (unless you're carrying them over from a previous build) Even then, i would consider selling them both for a single 5870 :lol:

And i wouldn't mix & match ram, if you're dropping the coin, get a matched 12Gb set ;)

I'd also ditch that raptor as their advantage just doesn't cut it anymore compared to modern drives. if you don't want to splurge on an SSD, than a WD Caviar Black or Samsung F3 drive will be great.

and yes, ditch that Ultra 1kw psu. Grab something from Corsair or PC Power & Cooling and never worry about the heart of your rig again ;)

ditch the V8, get a noctua nh-d14 and never worry about cooling anything you could strap into a socket 1366 mobo ;)

Intel Core i7 930

EVGA X58 SLI X3 Classified

Diamond 4890 XOC & XFX 4890

Corsair Dominator 6GB & Kingston HyperX 6GB

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

Ultra X3 1000-Watt

22 Inch & 32 Inch & 20 Inch & 19 Inch Monitors

3 Tower speakers and 2 centre speakers plus 5.1 and 2.1

NZXT Tempest Evo

Cooler Master V8

NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller

whats every one think of that

I agree with the other recommendations. If you're looking to save the money and already have the cards, then that's alright, but they're still worth some decent cash and that could be applied to a new tech card(s) which would be more futureproof. A pair of 5850's would work nicely.

Also, mixing memory is possibly asking for trouble as each motherboard may handle them differently. Compatible or not?

Dump that heatsink and look into the Prolimitechs, Thermalrights or Noctuas. www.heatsinkfactory.com has fantastic selection with great prices.

The Ultra power supplies are good for backups, but i'd never keep one as the main PSU. Of all the brands i've tried through the years, Thermaltake has been problemfree for me. I did happen to order a Corsair for a friends PC a few months back and after looking it over and installing it, I was impressed with it along with it's warranty. I decided to use one for my newest build. Well worth looking in to.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;Order=PRICE

I usually stick with Gigabyte motherboards, so I can't speak much about other brands other than I don't care for ASUS' tech support/customer service.

The GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 has USB 3.0 support. If you want to save a little, the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R is a good one as well. If you have uber-cash, the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 is the top of their line, but those extra coolers may interfere with an aftermarket cooler.