Adult and Friendly WoW Discussion?

Hannes

Hello,

I'm a 60 year old guy who's been playing WoW for a year or so - mainly to help keep my cognitive memory skills sharp, but also for the role-playing fun.

My problem is that I don't understand a lot of the strategy of the game, so I never go on raids, preferring to solo, or perhaps, every once in a while, participate in a group.

I have been to the WoW online community and decided I'd better look elsewhere if I needed things explained to me.

Is this the place or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

Hannes

Welcome to OCC as a start

As to WoW I play too I used to raid but not much any more. Some of the things that could help us for your gaming help would be: What class you play, what server your on (incase we have a toon there)

I have a horde 80 and 2 ally 80's on Quel' dorie and 1 ally 80 on gnomeregon with some low levels on area 52 and i cant remember the other server lol.

The strategy of the game does go with they type of toon you play and its spec like warrior can be tank or dps druid can tank, dps, or heal as can a pally those are your choices for group runs

for soloing no real strategy is needed just do what you enjoy :)

AS bishop has stated I too have played for a while. So far as getting help Like he said it would be nice to know what class and race you are. I run a Night Elf Prot Warrior in Gnomeregan and usually all I am doing is Talking, running instances, raiding, or Grinding out mats for the next Upgrade. Or another thing you would think of is the guild or Score of people you run with. Its important to have good people around you when your in wow that are willing to help. Just do to that is what makes it more fun and extends the gaming experience. If you don't.... Well the game kind of falls a bit short IMHO. there is always PVP IF your that is your preference Where you Of Course... Player versus player. The MMORPG side. Role playing Game servers. or there is End game Which is raiding which is PVE (player versus environment).

TO raid. well you have to have gear, gems and enchants.... Use Wow-heroes.com to check your gear to see if an instance or raid is doable for you. Even better also there is Be imba (yes its a web address) to check your characters scores and it helps make corrections to make the most out of your char.

Getting the Skills and understanding a boss fight. Typically you will encounter a boss that is alot more then just a tank and spank (something easy = tank and spank) you will have to do a sort of "dance". To do the boss you have to under what to do when the boss does a certain thing. Use this website to check it Tank spot. The video's outline the boss's dance and will give you instructions as to what to do. Say if you plan to hit up Naxxaramas talk to the people that you are going with and watch the video's for the fights you will encounter. This will help tremendously when you raid.

Gear grinding..... SUCKS. That is basically all there is too it. one good reference I use is Wow Head to find where materials, understand in detail what a raid boss does, and or find items that you need to better your char.

Hope this helps. If you need more help just let us know in this thread and we will do the best we can to help.

To be honest, there really isn't going to be a better place for spec/gemming/gearing/Attack rotation info than elitistjerks.com. For strats on boss fights, Tankspot is a useful resource as stated above.

This might be a place to find what you need help with, but first you have to ask exactly what you want explained. The strategy of a game like this is, pretty much what you make of it. I mean alot of people are perfectly happy soloing. or grouping. or raiding. some like to be very casual, others want to get phone calls at 4am to raid. The main strategy is for YOU to have fun, so figure out what part of it is the most fun - to you-, and do it! gl

Edited by Fight Game

To be honest, there really isn't going to be a better place for spec/gemming/gearing/Attack rotation info than elitistjerks.com. For strats on boss fights, Tankspot is a useful resource as stated above.

Agree. Elitistjerks is the place to get info on gear and strategy tips. However you'll learn things on your own as you play too.

Playing a healer class is probably the easiest way to get into Raids. Although it's kinda slow at soloing. I played as a Holy Paladin, it was a rewarding class to play. As everyone is always looking for healers.