Sign in to follow this  
greengiant912

Gold's Gym Sucks!

$100 says they'll kick him out and NOT cancel his membership

then you got a easy way out in court.

12 people will rule that the super itchy crotch man didn't mean any harm :lol:

- either way, if he still has to pay, and doesn't ever plan to go back, whats the difference?

LA Fitness is doing some similar .. I have guest priveledges on my account so that some of my family members/ friends can go sometimes. Well, my family is moving across country so I wanted to cancel JUST the guest priveldges , and they say I have to cancel the entire contract, and reopen it just to remove the guest priveledges... Gimme a .in break.

LA Fitness is doing some similar .. I have guest priveledges on my account so that some of my family members/ friends can go sometimes. Well, my family is moving across country so I wanted to cancel JUST the guest priveldges , and they say I have to cancel the entire contract, and reopen it just to remove the guest priveledges... Gimme a .in break.

GP's are built into your account, depending on exactly how your membership was set up. Certain memberships (that had GPs) had them actually built in while some had GP's were available via a little check box that we could check if the person wanted them.

If your membership was the first one, then removing JUST GP's is impossible. If you have the 2nd one, then it can be done. Call your local club and as to speak to the Operations Manager, as they're the only ones with the ability to remove it (if possible) or you can call corporate: 19492557200

YYYYYYYYYY M C A

The one near my house has classrooms, a big machine/weight room, an indoor swimming pool, a rock wall, racquetball and tennis courts, free childcare, and has a FLEXIBLE membership program. If you can't afford their standard rates (i.e. starving college student) they will ALWAYS work something out that you can afford.

I have access to a gigantic gym on the Air Force Base nearby and I go to the YMCA instead because they're nice and the environment is 20x better. I really doubt you'll catch anybody that works there making fun of anybody else at any YMCA :P.

GP's are built into your account, depending on exactly how your membership was set up. Certain memberships (that had GPs) had them actually built in while some had GP's were available via a little check box that we could check if the person wanted them.

If your membership was the first one, then removing JUST GP's is impossible. If you have the 2nd one, then it can be done. Call your local club and as to speak to the Operations Manager, as they're the only ones with the ability to remove it (if possible) or you can call corporate: 19492557200

I added it on AFTER I created the account. Probably like 6 months after. Is it still possible to remove it?

YYYYYYYYYY M C A

The one near my house has classrooms, a big machine/weight room, an indoor swimming pool, a rock wall, racquetball and tennis courts, free childcare, and has a FLEXIBLE membership program. If you can't afford their standard rates (i.e. starving college student) they will ALWAYS work something out that you can afford.

I have access to a gigantic gym on the Air Force Base nearby and I go to the YMCA instead because they're nice and the environment is 20x better. I really doubt you'll catch anybody that works there making fun of anybody else at any YMCA :P.

Yeah we have a fairly nice YMCA here in town, but their rates are very high. Like $60 a month, at the time I was only a part time student and couldn't get their discounted rate, and golds was offering a better deal. I have used the YMCA in the past and really enjoy it. Not only that they are an equal opportunity facility. They wont discriminate you against your weight, or disabilities which is nice. I hate people that discriminate against others who are trying to do something positive with there life. There is no reason for it...

There is a clause that will let me transfer the membership to someone. So the other day I put it up on craigslist saying that I would pay the $50 transfer fee and just bite the bullet... As long as I get it out of my hands I will be happy... Anyways I got a response from someone fairly interested so hopefully he will follow threw... I am kinda taking the hit on this, so its a pretty good deal for someone else imo...

$100 says they'll kick him out and NOT cancel his membership

:withstupid:

Probably kick him out and force him to pay the remainder of his dues.

in that case definitely. Talk to the OM or call the corp #, it can be removed.

Dude, I owe you some beer!

I called in to that number, and the lady cancelled it within like 45 seconds.

I told her the same I told you. I purchased the GP AFTER I had already been signed up. They wouldn't even look at my account, they just said I have to cancel and pay an initiation fee of 75 bucks to start it back up again. And then gave me this stupid .ing paper that I have to mail to some office.

I was enraged when I left. Talk about a pain in the butt, I have to mail something somewhere? Why cant I just do it online, or fax it, or over the phone. Sheesh

/vent

But thanks man, the lady just cancelled it with no issue.

Dude, I owe you some beer!

I called in to that number, and the lady cancelled it within like 45 seconds.

I told her the same I told you. I purchased the GP AFTER I had already been signed up. They wouldn't even look at my account, they just said I have to cancel and pay an initiation fee of 75 bucks to start it back up again. And then gave me this stupid .ing paper that I have to mail to some office.

I was enraged when I left. Talk about a pain in the butt, I have to mail something somewhere? Why cant I just do it online, or fax it, or over the phone. Sheesh

/vent

But thanks man, the lady just cancelled it with no issue.

;) Staypuft to the rescue :)