ad muncher and google chrome...

Crawlerz246

<_< might not have been the best decision ever made....

someone suggested I use google chrome instead of IE8 cuz it's faster and supposedly more secure. but chrome has in my experience a much weaker popup blocker. another person suggested I use AD Muncher. interesting app. got it. works well on all popups, colorful crap, all sorts of mods and changes and stupid comercial floating things. everything. one problem. chrome keeps crashing...

as you can see from my sig I'm running windows se7en x64.

who wants to help a n00b? open season!

thank you.

Hi Crawler.

I never did embrace Chrome. I tried it on my travel laptop and various PCs around the office and home, but I just couldn't get used to the gui, lack of control and absence of advanced menu options. I did have a few stability issues when running it with beta releases of Windows 7, but can't speak to whether that was fixed or not for Windows 7 RTM. Subsequently - Chrome is off all of my machines and I'm back to IE8 and Firefox.

IE8 is our primary browser for Work Computers because of the secure network and remote Outlook Mail Login procedures.

Firefox is my primary browser for every PC I don't use for work.

Maybe you ditch Chrome all together and go back to Firefox :)

Edited by wevsspot

i dont want this to become a war of browsers. god knows there are many and people cannot agree which are best.

safari, fox, IE8, chrome, opera, etc, etc, etc.

just if you have any muncher experience plz gimme a line

Hi Crawler.

I never did embrace Chrome. I tried it on my travel laptop and various PCs around the office and home, but I just couldn't get used to the gui, lack of control and absence of advanced menu options. I did have a few stability issues when running it with beta releases of Windows 7, but can't speak to whether that was fixed or not for Windows 7 RTM. Subsequently - Chrome if off all of my machines and I'm back to IE8 and Firefox.

IE8 is our primary browser for Work Computers because of the secure network and remote Outlook Mail Login procedures.

Firefox is my primary browser for every PC I don't use for work.

Maybe you ditch Chrome all together and go back to Firefox :)

lol maybe. chrome is supposedly more secure? I've talked to this russian who says he got chrome on 14 PCs (with several friends and collegues) and also he sais IE8 can be hacked into in a second by a person with the know how (god how I'd like "know how") and those holes can really be exploited.

Guess I grade security on whether I've ever been hacked or not :)

Since I'm a fairly safe online browser I haven't had any security issues with Firefox (or IE8 for that matter). I've also read that Chrome is an uber safe and secure browser. Guess a lot probably depends on whether you run a firewall, your firewall settings, what type/brand firewall, whether you're behind a NAT router and your browsing habits in general.

I'll tell you though, when my kids were younger and living at home...... they weren't very safe online. But the only problems I ever had was with things they downloaded via Bearshare or Limewire - and that didn't have anything to do with what browser they were using :)