Sign in to follow this  
Rockwall

Problem with nVidia 9800GT graphic card, please help

Ok this is the card.

Asus nVidia Geforce 9800GT Ultimate (Please note this is the ULTIMATE and not a plan 9800GT)

Stock specs:

Core: 725mhz

Shader: 1750mhz

Memory: 2000mhz

My system:

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe motherboard

2x1gb 1066 OCZ DDR2 memory

750w Corsair power supply

Ok my problem is the rams frequency. Smartdoctor (which is the program that monitors, and overclocks my GPU) says my memory is running at 2000mhz. But CPU-Z and SIW are saying its running at 1000mhz. And for the life of me I cannot figure out why this is. Is this a problem with drivers or my setup? Or is this a hardware defect and should I contact nvidia about it. Also has anyone else experienced this problem?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok this is the card.

Asus nVidia Geforce 9800GT Ultimate (Please note this is the ULTIMATE and not a plan 9800GT)

Stock specs:

Core: 725mhz

Shader: 1750mhz

Memory: 2000mhz

My system:

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe motherboard

2x1gb 1066 OCZ DDR2 memory

750w Corsair power supply

Ok my problem is the rams frequency. Smartdoctor (which is the program that monitors, and overclocks my GPU) says my memory is running at 2000mhz. But CPU-Z and SIW are saying its running at 1000mhz. And for the life of me I cannot figure out why this is. Is this a problem with drivers or my setup? Or is this a hardware defect and should I contact nvidia about it. Also has anyone else experienced this problem?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the 1000MHz is the ineffective clock, don't worry it is still running at 2000MHz, try GPU-Z to see if it still says 1000MHz

1000Mhz the is real clock multiply by 2 for GDDR3 so you will get the 2000Mhz effective clock rated in smartdoctor. there is no problem with your card ;)

OUtside of "OMFG HOW DO I BREATHE?!?! I FORGOT HOW TO BREATHE!! OMFG SOMEONE HELP ME !!!" there is no such thing as a stupid question. At least you asked this question unlike the many idiots that asume there is actually a seriuous problem with thier card and either RMA it or trash talk the company all over saying they are falsely advertising thier product.