Whats your Windows 7 Boot Time?

mrc1992

hi i was wondering what is your boot time for windows 7 i used BOOTRACER to determine my speed from when i turn the PC on and when i enter my password to when it loads to my desktop

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a password screen *(thus the time to logon is a bit fuzzy) and I have many apps and the BIOS seems to load waiting several long seconds for USB devices which I've got plenty of. the last check was 40+ seconds to desktop and all the trimmings.

Quick boot is windows + hdd speed. Say for example if you have a ssd

you will see quicker boot times then an old 5400rpm drive. It also seem to be different motherboards

have a impact on boot speeds, my current Asus has a larger boot log then the evga sli le I had.

It seems to take longer to get to the desktop. Thats all I have to say about that. :)

Edited by dling

Quick boot is windows + hdd speed. Say for example if you have a ssd

you will see quicker boot times then an old 5400rpm drive. It also seem to be different motherboards

have a impact on boot speeds, my current Asus has a larger boot log then the evga sli le I had.

It seems to take longer to get to the desktop. Thats all I have to say about that. :)

So you post obvious information that we all know but fail to post your boot time as requested by the OP? :smack:

It's relatively meaningless considering how wildly boot times vary just based on what hardware is installed. My HTPC takes a while to boot up but that's because it has so many devices and arrays to initialize. My desktop is fast(er) with the SSD but it still takes a while for the same reasons.

I never turn them off so it doesn't really bother me anyway.

My EeePC boots to the logon screen in less than 30 seconds even with its crappy CPU and slow SSD. I'm not sure on the exact time though.