Will you buy a 3-D monitor or TV?

d3bruts1d

Will you buy a 3-D monitor or TV?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a 3-D monitor or TV?

• I will buy a 3-D TV, but not a 3-D monitor
    • I will buy a 3-D monitor, but not a 3-D TV.
    • I will buy both a 3-D TV and monitor.
    • I will NOT buy a 3-D TV or monitor.
    • Undecided.

I will only consider buying once its standard. You don't want to shell out lots of $$ for that new screen just to find out in a month that nothing new is coming out for it.

I would also want them to lose those glasses and still have a good viewing angle on the screen. As of right now the glasses-less screens have a sweet spot for the 3D to work. Like the 3-DS.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the nvidia 3d vision setup and regret buying it every day. I never use it because it actually makes games harder to play. Its extremely hard to focus on a specific thing you need to click due to the different depth of field each item is at and depending on the game the mouse might be at a different depth (usually 0) so that sucks. Also there is always a double image at the edges of the screen so that is also annoying. It might be better when they make 30 inch 3d monitors and make them affordable. But right now its just not worth it and only detracts from your entertainment. Oh and any time there is a reflection/glare in a game it will look really crappy and annoying because each eye sees a very different reflection, that just looks bad when put together.

Maybe it depends on the game. I saw Avatar (video game) in 3D and it looked amazing. In addition, the crosshair was 3D as well, so you actually could tell the depth of things you were aiming at. I can see where it would be annoying if the developers left the crosshair flat.

I voted that I will get both, but I don't plan on getting a 3-d TV until at least a couple more years. I will be getting a 3-d LCD within the next couple months because prices are good and selection is getting a lot better. I doubt I will use the 3-d feature though... just want it for the 120Hz.

not until it proves itself and stays around for long enough.

I do not want to end up with a 3-d tv that isn't supported by any new movies etc because they scrapped the idea or something better came along a year later

As the technology is now, I don't plan on buying a 3D TV or monitor.

However I have no problem on going to see 3D content in movie theatres.

There's no doubt that 3D can be impressive, but until they can implement it without glasses (convincingly) then that is too large a barrier to entry for me.

As for this poll, I voted "undecided" because you failed to provide any time frame. If your question is whether I'd purchase one within a year, then it would be "no", but if it's whether I'd ever purchase one in my lifetime, then if this trend continues, I don't see why I wouldn't.

Exactly why I voted undecided. I know I'll probably get one eventually, just not sure when. Plus I want to see how well the tech pans out in the next few months.

I voted that I will get both, but I don't plan on getting a 3-d TV until at least a couple more years. I will be getting a 3-d LCD within the next couple months because prices are good and selection is getting a lot better. I doubt I will use the 3-d feature though... just want it for the 120Hz.

I'd love to get a 120hz monitor for my PC. Be sweet to get a ton of frames in my games.. well, soon as I upgrade my video card. :lol:

I answered NO.

Not for now at least. My father bought a 32 flat tv recently so we wouldnt change it in many years.

Also I think if you get 3d TV is to watch 1 movie or 1 football game or Play someting

You cannot be all day watching 3D because 3d and glases will definitely kill your vision

When I saw Avatar 3d my eyes I were kinda tired.. I couldnt imagine watching normal TV with 3d all time..

also ATM is very expensive.

just dont push the future.. it will come at the right time

I think I am on the same band wagon as alot of others are. I will not buy one right away but maybe in the future i will. I voted as undecided but that was because the options didn't give any time frame.