Homemade Hookah

airman

^ LOL since when were Apple, Raspberry or orange's a type of weed?

That statement is kinda just as silly as the one you were commenting on.

when was apple, raspberry a type of tobacco? its not,its a flavor.

whic could easily be added to any type of smokeable plant.

And yeah, that's tinfoil. that's how most modern bowls are prepared.

crackhead.jpg

Metal = Awful taste

get some good glass on there

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That statement is kinda just as silly as the one you were commenting on.

when was apple, raspberry a type of tobacco? its not,its a flavor.

whic could easily be added to any type of smokeable plant.

:closedeyes:

What's wrong with apple? I don't have the time to mix up my own, though I would really like to try that at some point. Any tips/pointers? I've been smoking hookah for probably 4 years and I've always just bought the 50g packages at a cigar shop or eastern stores for like $3.

Apple is the typical flavor that noobs get. When you start experimenting with other flavors, you realize how much better tasting hookah can be.

I would suggest staying away from the hookah tobacco at those cigar shops, they tend to be rather low quality. Go to southsmoke.com and pick up Al-Fakher, that's the good stuff.

Apple is the typical flavor that noobs get. When you start experimenting with other flavors, you realize how much better tasting hookah can be.

I would suggest staying away from the hookah tobacco at those cigar shops, they tend to be rather low quality. Go to southsmoke.com and pick up Al-Fakher, that's the good stuff.

Al-Fakher is all they sell there. I think a lot of people choose apple because of how well it mixes with other flavors. A couple of my favorite apple mixes are with peach or raspberry. Raspberry is a little milder and I like it with apple a lot. Cherry is good, but stay away from lemon and mint. I think those are gross D:

Thanks silent :) More to come

Yep, it's mainly because a smoking session can last an hour or so. I don't feel that it's MORE unhealthy that cigarette smoke, though. Maybe equal, but definitely not more. I can take a drag from a cigarette, and press a tissue up to my mouth and blow through it - and there will be a ring of tar that is visible. With hookah, it's only moisture. Since the tobacco doesn't actually burn (it does somewhat), there would be less carbon monoxide since it's not a true "burn". It's arguable, but I wouldn't accept the fact that it's more harmful.

I'd like to take it to the lab and do some gas chromatography or spectrophotometry and see the levels of each compound in it. :)

there is this new website i just found, it was amazingly helpful, let me give you the link

www.google.com

"hookah health risk"

2nd link: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hookah/AN01265

;)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...q=&gs_rfai=

I usually respect most of what the Mayo Clinic puts out, but that article is total bull. It makes no mention of the fact that cigarettes tobacco burns at a higher temperature, which irritates the lungs much more than hookah smoke does, which is one of the primary factors in the formation of lung cancer. There's no mention of the fact that cigarettes don't simply contain tobacco but also contain numerous other chemicals that the companies artificially introduced, whereas with hookah tobacco it's simply leaves, molasses, and some preservatives (you don't get traces of rat poison in hookah tobacco like you do in cigarettes). The nicotine argument is total nonsense, I haven't heard of a single person get addicted to smoking hookah; it's also well known that tobacco companies add more nicotine to cigarettes specifically to get people hooked (the people that are "hooked" to hookah are more likely to be cigarette smokers, and it's actually the cigarettes they're hooked to and not hookah). Also, as airman mentioned, there isn't nearly as much tar in hookah tobacco as there is in cigarettes, also another addition by cigarette companies.

All that doctor did was take the bad parts of cigarette smoking, added in a layer of fear by mentioning longer smoking sessions, and slapped on a new title. It's sloppy work, not to mention incredibly unprofessional to be spreading false information like that. There's no mention of actual testing or studies conducted.

I'm not saying smoking hookah is completely safe, but it's not nearly as bad as articles such as the one posted make it out to be. As long as you're not smoking it all day long for years and years, the health risks are absolutely minimal.

Al-Fakher makes a lot of "n00b" flavors as well Kash. :lol: I tend to try all sorts of flavors and mix and match my own as well but there's no magic to it. Last few times I've ordered shisha I got it from Amazon.

I'm not saying smoking hookah is completely safe, but it's not nearly as bad as articles such as the one posted make it out to be. As long as you're not smoking it all day long for years and years, the health risks are absolutely minimal.

Seconded. It's like comparing cigars to cigarettes...yes, the same risks are there if you use them in the same quantity. Nobody smokes hookah for hours EVERY day just like most people who smoke cigars don't smoke more than one every once in a while.

In moderation nearly everything is relatively safe...in excess nearly everything will kill you. Finding a nice point between nothing and pure excess isn't exactly difficult for these kind of things.

I'm not saying they don't make noob flavors. Heck, they'd be stupid not to, I imagine those flavors are major cash cows. I'm just saying there are much better flavors than apple out there, like pineapple, mango, guava, jasmine, etc. I always mix and match, using a single flavor is just foreign to me now.

If you guys want some really good hookah, I suggest trying out Fumari.com. Their stuff is made right here in the good ol' US of A (San Diego to be exact) and it has one hell of a kick to it. A bit more expensive, but totally worth it if you're really into hookah. Definitely not for beginners.