Time for a HTPC Build

Crazy_Nate

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate for future reference msconfig would have been the way to go to avoid unistalling things while you troubleshoot. Just disable things from the startup.

Looking good BTW. How are you planning on controlling it?

Nate for future reference msconfig would have been the way to go to avoid unistalling things while you troubleshoot. Just disable things from the startup.

Looking good BTW. How are you planning on controlling it?

I'm still thinking about that. I might have an XP-MCE remote hiding somewhere, which I should be able to integrate into it :biggrin:

Currently, it's still mostly for music. Eventually, that'll change :teehee:

I really like the TV stand / console. It's solid ash (thick at that), and has a bunch of niceties like four 120mm thermally controlled exhaust fans, intake filters, rollers and self levelling feet.

Can anyone suggest or recommend a music player for an HTPC that is friendly with remotes and browsing albums with covers and the like?

Itunes is a bit slow, WMP12 is crippled by its own database and XBMC isn't so hot when my skin is designed for movies.

Thanks in advance.

the before and after pics are almost as good as the black and white (grey) tiles optical illusion... it's the same TV?! :lol:

good to see you got it set up... now get that remote set up and you can almost call it a htpc :P

• 1 month later...

Like the before and after -- complete makeover. New set up looks awesome -- too bad you don't get to actually see the HTPC anymore -- it's hiding in the doors. haha. At least you won't have to worry about what it looks like... but hows the air flow?

Like the before and after -- complete makeover. New set up looks awesome -- too bad you don't get to actually see the HTPC anymore -- it's hiding in the doors. haha. At least you won't have to worry about what it looks like... but hows the air flow?

Airflow into the HTPC cabinet isn't bad (there are two 120mm fans near the rear - thermally controlled, too!). The case's airflow is a little impeded by the massive amount of PSU cables. The silencer 610W is a beast...

I'll snap some more pictures of inside (hey Troy!) when I put in the latest installment - a new NIC...

About time you get pictures of the inside. :P

How come you're adding in an NIC?

It stopped working...poof... Even vanished from device manager. It may have been lightning storm related while I was out of town.

One might say I'm too lazy to rip my computer apart to RMA the motherboard...and then sit around and wait on a return.