[WTB] Nice Laptop (not netbook) for $500 or less

IVIYTH0S

My friend's Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop has died (after just selling her my old 7200.3 drive and putting Win7 on for her <_<)

I've done all I can but I think the motherboard is kaputt, so it's my mission now to find something around $500 (Laptop not motherboard :P).

As much as a netbook'd be cool for her, her only requirement is that it contain a dvd drive/burner. Her old computer was upgraded by me to the 7200rpm drive and 2GB of memory and ran Win7 pretty well so it doesn't have to be a super powerhouse to match or exceed her old system.

Thanks guys :)

Bumpeth

So far this is seems to be the best I could find (even if a little over budget)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Laptop+wi...p;skuId=9769412

it's vastly better than other laptops in it's price range

my wife is selling her similar HP DV7-1245DX

(turion dual, 4g,dvd+/-r, webcam, etc..)

its a 17" too but its around the same price she is sellin' it for ($500)

-shudder- i dont like laptops

my wife is selling her similar HP DV7-1245DX

(turion dual, 4g,dvd+/-r, webcam, etc..)

its a 17" too but its around the same price she is sellin' it for ($500)

-shudder- i dont like laptops

I'll ask/tell her about it :)

I bought a like new Asus N80VN for $500 last year off craigslist. The guy was just happy to not have to deal with a scammer. Checking the secondary market might be worth a try.

I have a HP Pavilion dv4t Entertainment PC I bought on 11/13/2009 that cost $588.61 after taxes. Below are the stock specs:

HP Pavilion dv4t Entertainment PC

Edited by El_Capitan

I'm selling a Lenovo 3000 N100 which is a solid notebook loaded with win7. Can go lower than $500 :)

Looks good I'll tell her about it

I bought a like new Asus N80VN for $500 last year off craigslist. The guy was just happy to not have to deal with a scammer. Checking the secondary market might be worth a try.

Yeah, I checked there. There were a few nice laptops on there but I'll have to ask her.

I have a HP Pavilion dv4t Entertainment PC I bought on 11/13/2009 that cost $588.61 after taxes. Below are the stock specs:

HP Pavilion dv4t Entertainment PC

Also, if you/her want to join a Nefsis session of mine (video teleconferencing and desktop sharing), I can give you a demo of the laptop so you know you're not buying a broken product, and can see first hand what the condition of the laptop is.

Also, if you/her want to join a Nefsis session of mine (video teleconferencing and desktop sharing), I can give you a demo of the laptop so you know you're not buying a broken product, and can see first hand what the condition of the laptop is.

I'll let you know :), I posted this thread on her FB page so hopefully she gets a look at it. (I'm trying to urge her to consider used)