Overclocking oldschool - AMD Athlon XP 2000+

hey guys,

the moment has come to take my 7 year old cpu and give it a mhz bump:)).

here are the full specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+

MSI KT3V

768 MB DDR@ 333 MHz

GeForce FX5500

after a little tweaking i got it running rock solid at 1.825V and 1750 MHz. I even got semi-stable at 1800 MHz, the only problem is that P95 gave me a rounding error. I read in other forums that most probably the memory is to blame. What do you think I should do? Lower the memory frequency? Bump the voltage for the cpu and the memory? I tried 1.85V for the cpu and 2.6V for the memory, but it wouldn't post.

P.S. I'm on air cooling, have a Thermaltake cooler, that I recently lapped and changed the thermal paste on it - it's never passed 57C full load.

Thanks in advance:).

hey guys,

the moment has come to take my 7 year old cpu and give it a mhz bump:)).

here are the full specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+

MSI KT3V

768 MB DDR@ 333 MHz

GeForce FX5500

after a little tweaking i got it running rock solid at 1.825V and 1750 MHz. I even got semi-stable at 1800 MHz, the only problem is that P95 gave me a rounding error. I read in other forums that most probably the memory is to blame. What do you think I should do? Lower the memory frequency? Bump the voltage for the cpu and the memory? I tried 1.85V for the cpu and 2.6V for the memory, but it wouldn't post.

P.S. I'm on air cooling, have a Thermaltake cooler, that I recently lapped and changed the thermal paste on it - it's never passed 57C full load.

Thanks in advance:).

Could possibly be the memory, try running memtest86 and check for errors.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Edited by CAINuKe