[WTS]Intel T2400 CPU, Hauppauge PVR150 & 2Gb Laptop Ram

sdy284

meh, i really could care less about benchmarks so i'm pretty happy with my chip @ 4ghz.

Plus i'm lazy so i don't really want to go about all the testing & tweaking necessary to push it further :bah:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, i really could care less about benchmarks so i'm pretty happy with my chip @ 4ghz.

neither could I but since you complained about him being only 200mhz above ya, I figured you wanna step it up notch too....

Plus i'm lazy so i don't really want to go about all the testing & tweaking necessary to push it further :bah:

....that's all you had to say, totally know where you're comin from :lol:

neither could I but since you complained about him being only 200mhz above ya, I figured you wanna step it up notch too....

....that's all you had to say, totally know where you're comin from :lol:

glad we found common ground :lol:

The Hauppage PVR-150... I've been looking for a TV Tuner card for my PC. Question though... I have RCN and use their DVR connected to my HDTV. Do I need another DVR (is that what they call a cable tv set top box?) in order to use the TV Tuner, or is all I need the RF Coaxial Cable?

I'm interested in the laptop hdd. No issues with it?

nope, zero issues. Like i said, i just used it to try and troubleshoot my laptop, but it wasn't the problem, so I took it out & it's been in an antistatic bag on my desk ever since.

The Hauppage PVR-150... I've been looking for a TV Tuner card for my PC. Question though... I have RCN and use their DVR connected to my HDTV. Do I need another DVR (is that what they call a cable tv set top box?) in order to use the TV Tuner, or is all I need the RF Coaxial Cable?

well, you can't record HD channels with this, as it's not an HD tuner. What exactly do you want to do? The PVR comes with a "repeater" if you will that will enable you to control your actual DVR to change channels on it. So if you want to record your standard def channels, this will work fine for that ;)

You CAN just run a regular coax cable into it, but you won't get all the channels that you get through your cable box. did that answer all your questions?