good multiplayer FPS ?

_TheAlexO

the last few weeks of school we have a LAN party here in class. there will be like 16 players maybe.

anybody know of any FPS that would be well suited for this? so far all we have is CoD4 / WAW any other suggestions?

we need dedicated server support or some way to implement it in games that dont "officially" support it

Edited by ShallowBay

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Valve game. They have a downloadable dedicated server client. Just make sure you got a spare PC to run it on, as you can't play in the server from where it is being hosted from.

we have like 20 capable computers in the room so thats not an issue.

keep the suggestions coming

Edited by ShallowBay

we have like 20 capable computers in the room so thats not an issue.

Man that is awesome.

I am assuming the bc2 won't work for you due to the dedicated servers or something?

you could try battlefield 2 maybe, or that battlefield 1943 would be sweet as they added destructible buildings etc.

Man that is awesome.

I am assuming the bc2 won't work for you due to the dedicated servers or something?

you could try battlefield 2 maybe, or that battlefield 1943 would be sweet as they added destructible buildings etc.

BC2 would work, everyone would have to join an empty server or find one that all 16 can get into.

You could BF2, but you would have to play maps on their small / medium size modes with only 16 players.

BF1943 doesn't release on the PC till either April or June, they said. They also said they got no plans in the works to add more content to it. So I would honestly skip the PC purchase. To me BF 1943 was test subject for DICE (successful one) and a filler for Bad Company 2. As Bad Company 2 is a filler for Battlefield 3. Which is the one we all want to play instead :D.

Edited by Krazyxazn

BF1943 doesn't release on the PC till either April or June, they said. They also said they got no plans in the works to add more content to it. So I would honestly skip the PC purchase. To me BF 1943 was test subject for DICE (successful one) and a filler for Bad Company 2. As Bad Company 2 is a filler for Battlefield 3. Which is the one we all want to play instead :D.

lol my bad.

I saw it on PS3 and I assumed that since its battlefield then it would be on PC. WTH! :(

In BC2 can't you host your own server that is not ranked?

Edited by feetfats

Any Valve game. They have a downloadable dedicated server client. Just make sure you got a spare PC to run it on, as you can't play in the server from where it is being hosted from.

I would go for TF2 but I don't know if you can get it to run without steam. Otherwise you have to get a copy for anyone that doesn't have it :(

BC2 would work, everyone would have to join an empty server or find one that all 16 can get into.

You could BF2, but you would have to play maps on their small / medium size modes with only 16 players.

Cybernetix-Gaming

Its my 16m Dedicated BFBC2 server; PM me and I can get you the info for admin'ing