Ati+ Nvidia Sticky

Yes, but an error message saying the following: "NVIDIA Display Settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"

Are you using the 197.45 Nvidia drivers? Becasue I could not get the 247.15 drivers to work

Also, did you detect another display and set it on vga?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using the 197.45 Nvidia drivers? Becasue I could not get the 247.15 drivers to work

:withstupid:

I think I had the same problem at one time and this ended up being the solution

Yes, I did. I followed exactly like the guide. As such, when I implement Step 6. When clicking detect, I did not see my xfx 9800 gt anywhere because the driver to Nvidia was removed in Step 3. However, I did see a display ("Another Display Not Detected") next to my main display. Under display, I have only one choice which is my ATI HD 3870 x2. I click on that and chose "Try to connect anyway on: VGA" under Multiple displays. I then followed Step 6-8. I then right click on my desktop to see if Nvidia Control Panel is there after Step 8. Nvidia Control Panel was there. I did not enable physx since I must reboot first per Step 9. I also check to see if my xfx 9800 can be detected in Screen Resolution. The xfx 9800 gt was there after pressing detect, but I did not do anything about it because it was not in the guide. After reboot, the control panel was gone.

• 1 month later...

So, I just purchased a 5970 for a three way eyefinity setup and I have a GTX280 for £150 available if I wished. Anyone know if this setup would work?

Also, what are the latest drivers I should be using to get this working?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys! Thanks for guides in first place!

I've Sapphire hd 5970, and recently bought 9800 gt to try if for physx(i guess 60$ for it was a great deal).

When i run nvidia driver it tells me that there's no nvidia card in the system.

I tried some workaround - put out ati, installed nvidia drivers, put ati back, installed physx, applied patch. It's not working, i mean nvidia card is still not visible. I tried different drivers but with the same result.

May be problem is with my motherboard? I've Biostar ta790gx a3+ which supports only crossfire / hybrid crossfirex, sli is not supported.

Is there any other option to make them work together?

(offtopic)Competiton is a good thing, overall. If one will have full monopoly.. but anyway this *situation with physx makes me outraged. I played bioshock 2, and after i finished it on ati, my friend asked me "so, how did you like physical water?". For god sake i've bought "the fastest gpu on the planet" and it does not support physx because some clever guys have monopolized it. what next? we will have two set of games, one set for ati and another for nvidia, and even more some games will run only on intel and some only on amd, and some only on nvida with amd cpu ,and so on, and we are gonna end up with the room full of cases, each one for playing specific game, wonderful! (sorry for offtopic)

So, anybody have any ideas ho can i install nvidia drivers and make physics work?

Edited by Devastator

You did everything described in the original post? What nVidia drivers are you running? The Hybrid PhysX Mod doesn't work with all drivers. The page has a list of some of the drivers it works with and the latest ones (263.09) aren't there. The newest it lists is 260.99. Hopefully you're just using too new a driver.

You did everything described in the original post? What nVidia drivers are you running? The Hybrid PhysX Mod doesn't work with all drivers. The page has a list of some of the drivers it works with and the latest ones (263.09) aren't there. The newest it lists is 260.99. Hopefully you're just using too new a driver.

I've tried 197.45; 257.15; 260.99. the problem is that i can't install them because driver installer says "there is no nvidia card in the system" (but it's there and is working fine when used alone in main slot). It also does not appear in device manager as any kind of device.

I also tried deleting all drivers with driver sweeper in safe mode, but it didnt help.

Tomorrow i'll try driver from the first post, but i think problem is somewhere else.

Edited by Devastator

I've tried 197.45; 257.15; 260.99. the problem is that i can't install them because driver installer says "there is no nvidia card in the system" (but it's there and is working fine when used alone in main slot). It also does not appear in device manager as any kind of device.

I also tried deleting all drivers with driver sweeper in safe mode, but it didnt help.

Tomorrow i'll try driver from the first post, but i think problem is somewhere else.

Ah! I didn't understand what you meant. Sorry about that.

I can't doubt you've made sure the card is firmly in the slot, as it sounds like you've moved it around. What OS are you using and motherboard?