Overclocking in Ubuntu (linux)

ontoptherock

i was just wondering if anyone overclocks using a linux distro only, no windows. i currently dual boot right now with my laptop but find my self never booting into xp and i use ubuntu as my main OS. And with my new build coming up i will be switching over to linux for good. So i was wondering if there were any programs you guys use in linux or ubuntu to use for benchmarking to make sure you have a good overclock. what do you use to make sure you have a stable system boot?

So from what i understand correct me if i am wrong, folding@home is a research that is going on but you guys use it mostly because it is CPU intensive

i use it for the research. He was mainly saying there aren't a lot of stress tests for linux, so you COULD use F@H if you wanted

I use linux to get suicide screenshots that windows won't even boot on. :3

Well thought. Do you run CPU-z in Wine, or what?

Also I suggest against using F@H for stress testing. It is not meant for that. It will make you download work units, you will scrap them, and Stanford servers will wait for the results for no reason. Prime95 is your best bet.

Well thought. Do you run CPU-z in Wine, or what?

Also I suggest against using F@H for stress testing. It is not meant for that. It will make you download work units, you will scrap them, and Stanford servers will wait for the results for no reason. Prime95 is your best bet.

I was unaware that they had Prime95 for Linux.