Ph4n

CNPS10x extreme vs v8

Looking for a decent cooler for i7 860, will be running stock for a while until i go water cooling in a few years.

Would like it to be relatively quiet. I have looked at the Megahalems, but its too expensive :(

you spent the $$$ on the 860 & the GPU, spend the $$$ on a good CPU cooler and you won't need to WC ;) (unless you're going for lots of volts while OCing)

Looking for a decent cooler for i7 860, will be running stock for a while until i go water cooling in a few years.

Would like it to be relatively quiet. I have looked at the Megahalems, but its too expensive :(

Most of the decent coolers are going to cost some coin but one I can say that does well is the Titan Fenrir. I put one on my brothers DO 920 and he stays n the 60's Celsius at 4.0GHz. Plus its not that expensive where you will break the bank

Most of the decent coolers are going to cost some coin but one I can say that does well is the Titan Fenrir. I put one on my brothers DO 920 and he stays n the 60's Celsius at 4.0GHz. Plus its not that expensive where you will break the bank

Scythe Mugen 2 is also a cheaper but decent HSF.

wow, the fenrir is that good? o.O

Guess il just go for the megahalems then, look into the mugen 2 too. thanx guys

wow, the fenrir is that good? o.O

Guess il just go for the megahalems then, look into the mugen 2 too. thanx guys

Can vouch for the Megahalems especially when using a Noctua fan like in my sig. IMO its worth the extra $$$ but I am biased.