Recommendations for good gaming headset...

R1P5AW

The G35 is bad because if you have a sound card it will be obsolete, as USB headsets have their own "processor" built inside them and they use more the CPU more.

Edited by Jump4h

STAY AWAY FROM MEDUSA....... I had a set of NX5.1 and they were ok, but. In less than a year I started having issues. Sound would randomly cut out. Then the left front channel went out completely. After paying $115 to the door, I was a little mad. Mercon International said just box em up and send to the UK. Well UPS said $120 to ship!?!!?!!?!? USPS said $38. So I went with Uncle Sam. Well, they didn't make it. The Royal Postal service said I had to pay them too. ANother $30 something bucks. So to get them warrantied, i was going to have to pay almost full retail price to ship them back. They wouldn't lift a finger even when THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT was at their border. SO I told them to get bent and send them back.

I now have a pair of the Sennheiser HD 280 pro and absolutely love them. I too have Creative Fatality and to let you know what I think of them, I used some zip ties, a audio cable, and the mic from them to "make" a headset. Works pretty darned good. Since the Sennheiser conversion for the 280's to a headset is like $169 for the mic and stuff to convert it. There is a Mic'd version of the 280's just have to look for it.

Do you have a sound card? Because I know when I got my Steelseries Siberia V2 without the sound card it didn't sound too much better than my Fatal1ty. But when I added my sound card things sounded waaaayyyy better! So yeah, I would recommend the Steelseries Siberia V2(Not USB version) and get a sound card with that. And after a while your hearing gets better/used to it and you get even better at games.(I get called a hacker because I can now pinpoint from where even silenced shots come from :))

I used to own the Sennheiser PC151 headset and it performed great. Had it for about 2 years, could have been longer but i was given a chance at Quakecon to exchange them for a different headset. The sound quality is really nice, an overall great experience. I also had no problems with the mic, maybe turning up the boost but that's it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826106157

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a budget of $50 @ Newegg only... One of the main reasons I chose these headphones is because its USB and I'm able to do 7.1 surround sound since I don't have a gaming sound card.

Dont be cheap and make the plunge http://www.psykoaudio.com/

So you dont eat for a week or so :D

LOL.. I could buy a 5850 instead ;) Thanks!