GTX 480 review and available for Pre-Order.

Rylen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is impressive. but the massive delays take away from that as there are some tests where the 480 is 1-2 frames even 0.5fps faster than the 5870. it has got me itching to see a review of the 470 though

also i seem to remember a time when the 5870 launched and it was beating the gtx 295 in some tests. thats all blown over now.

its a good high end card but they need to drop something catered to the lower end market soon. because i dont think the mainstream public would be happy spending $500 on one of these just to spend another 100+ on a new psu. that and when you factor in exchange rates to other countries at the moment a 5870 sells here for around 500-600AUD and a 5970 is around $1000AUD. so i cant see the gtx 480 being less than $700-800AUD.

and to think dirt2 (a ATI dx11 showboat game) was BEATEN by Nvidia... pfftt go get your budget supplies

i wouldn't call Dirt 2 an ATI showboat game. last time i checked neither ATI or Nvidia have logos at the start of dirt2. Yes there's AMD but thats not a direct association with their GFX cards compared to if you see an nvidia logo you think gfx card. Secondly Dirt 2 was a marketing ploy so that people would go and buy their cards because you'd have a DX11 game to play.

It timed out for me, WAY too many people trying to access it at once...

i can only get the 1st 2 graphs from metro 2033. turns out the publisher wasn't lying. 480>5870 & 470 >5850 so it is "optimised" for fermi

edit: more pages are loadable now. very well tested review by guru3d. GTX 470 seems to be a winner.

*waits in anticipation for either ATI price cuts or new ATI cards*

Edited by bilcliff

I won't say im disappointed but maybe a little let down? Maybe I had to high of expectations after waiting so damn long for them to release it. It's still an excellent price / performance ratio, will hopefully see some ATI price drops because of it at least!

Edited by Gr4vitas

Is that all you care about? 3Dmark? Look at games, the GTX4xx win almost everytime. But I guess benchmarks are much more important than games for some people.

Yep, I could care less about what it does games, I dont own a single one nor intend to...

Yep, I could care less about what it does games, I dont own a single one nor intend to...

I like that you do F@H. But what are you gaining with benchmarks like 3Dmark? Guys check out my E-Penis its way bigger than yours, sorry but I don't see any benefit from benchmarks except to be able to say that..