Rylen

GTX 480 review and available for Pre-Order.

The Hexus link has been removed which isn't surprising since this is still covered under a NDA, I think someone jumped the gun a bit here.

I'd recommend a mod remove the bench images posted here then. No sense angering NVIDIA.

I'd recommend a mod remove the bench images posted here then. No sense angering NVIDIA.

I agree. but still unless ATi brings the price of their 5970 to that I will surely get a Fermi.

It's significantly cheaper than a 5970, while beating it occasionally and only falling a little bit short in other cases. I'd say that's pretty damn good, esp. with the apparently huge DX11 advantage.

thank god someone else has a brain

I was expecting godlike. Oh well, pretty good though. I would have bought it but ATI's eyefinity won me over. 5970 FTW :)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gf100.html

nvidia total immersion on the fermi cards..

& total immersion support 3D gaming... does ati?(not a joke i dont know :lol:)

It's not bad I'm still gunna keep supporting ati though. This card took to long to be released and the power consumption is supposed to be alot higher than any of ati cards and I have to take that into considoration

are you serious? your sig has 2x 4870's, your power consumption is from like 280-400w

they blocked yer hotlink, it goes to the advertising 4chan

god i wanna see that convo though :lol:

thank god someone else has a brain

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gf100.html

nvidia total immersion on the fermi cards..

& total immersion support 3D gaming... does ati?(not a joke i dont know :lol:)

are you serious? your sig has 2x 4870's, your power consumption is from like 280-400w

I have yet to change it I'm the proud owner of a 5870 for that reason lower temps and power draw

Edited by actionstan

I have yet to change it I'm the proud owner of a 5870 for that reason lower temps and power draw

Power draw? That is why I got a PC&P 750. Power is not a problem :)

I really don't care about temps either since I can just get water cooling(My brother did a mod on my case so I can put a triple radiator on top ^_^)

Whoever thought diagonal black and white lines were a good background for a graph should be shot...

I do think we should wait till the NDA is officially lifted, but from this early one, it seems nVidia is on to something there. The 480 is close to the dual GPU 5970.. for a cheaper price. I'll take one, thank you. :D

Wow, another monolithic chip with way too much power draw from nVidia, what a surprise. With power consumption that high we'll never see a dual GPU version. I hope they've got a die-shrink planned, because as it stands, that thing draws way too much power.

Oh well, lower ATI card prices if results are accurate. They'll just make nVidia drop prices below profit margin like with the 200 series :lol:

Edited by Baulten