Remembering Verran Contest

Bosco

I haven't been here for years. I do remember the name verran. If I remember corectly he did some dry ice cooling on a 3200+ or was it a 3000+?

I do remember him going out of his way to help anyone when nobody else would help that person.

Please don't include me into this contest. I'm not here for that. I got an email stating the contest. I totally forgot this place existed. My apologies :( I'll be coming back here daily to help out and discuss this obviously great place on the net.

At any rate I'm just posting here to acknowledge him. And to say sorry for everyone's loss.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did a great job setting up prizes, Dave. I know I'd be honored to have parts given away in my memory and you're giving away that and two systems!

I don't have any specific memories of Ryan since we never rightly had interaction, personal or impersonal.

I won't be entering, so good luck to the contestants.

;)

Even though I am not a very openly emotional person and wouldn't make an in depth public post, it felt good to say how I feel in at least a semi-private way through email.

Thanks for holding this contest Bosco.

I know you mentioned you and ccokeman can't participate does this also include staff or we finally exempt from being exempt. :lol:

Really miss verran. Had heard in one of his posts he had been battling cancer but I thought he had won. I was sorely surprised when I found he was gone. He was a great staff member and I will always keep him in mind.

Frank and I are the only staff not entering every other staff member is free to enter if they choose.

I sent an email, got one back stating it was received safely.

I signed up in June of '09. I didn't catch many of Verran's posts (back then I wasn't very active here at all), but he seemed like a really good and helpful person.

So, I've been looking around for this but I haven't seen anything, but how long does this contest run for?

Its at the very bottom and I had to read this about 3 times until I saw it too, but it said April 17th :)