Remembering Verran Contest

Bosco

This is a great way to keep the memory of Verran alive for many years to come. I know that there are many people like myself that joined shortly before he passed and barely knew him, and this will help us remember how he was and what he stood for. I'm sure that every single member of OCC could fall into the categories I have pointed out in my story "Verran", and I would be interested in hearing about people's memories of him to get to understand him a little more.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I got to know him a little better back when I was more active. He always seemed to be the voice of reason. His posts were some of the most well composed, intelligent posts I've read (regardless of age). It's a damn shame that things turned out the way they did. Thanks for keeping his memory alive Dave.

Edited by BTSchnarfy

Great Contest Dave, I knew you were up to something, but I didn't think the contest would be this big. I would like to thank the OCC community for all of their support. Verran loved this site and enjoyed helping people with his, seemingly never ending knowledge on these topics. He always was good at being the voice of reason and giving criticism in such a nice way.

I hope that after the contest ends that we get to check out some of the replies.

Great Contest Dave, I knew you were up to something, but I didn't think the contest would be this big. I would like to thank the OCC community for all of their support. Verran loved this site and enjoyed helping people with his, seemingly never ending knowledge on these topics. He always was good at being the voice of reason and giving criticism in such a nice way.

I hope that after the contest ends that we get to check out some of the replies.

Me up to something never :)

Everything that is submitted will be turned over to you and Ryan's parents when the contest is all over :) I will post a few in the forums to share with everyone.

Everything that is submitted will be turned over to you and Ryan's parents when the contest is all over :) I will post a few in the forums to share with everyone.

That alone will make this contest entirely worth it, and all the efforts it took to put together. :)

Verran was the only one that could tell you that you're wrong but have you feeling super good about being told so, as well as super guilty about it. I wonder what kinda rig he's running up there?? I wonder if he went for a 5970 or 480 :lol:

Knowing Ryan he has either a 5770 or a 5850 :)

Ya but it's heaven man, honestly he may be running a perfectly functioning hydra chip and a 480/5970 CrosSLI. (but you're probably right, I remember he and I saw a lot in common with price/performance parts) :P

For the cpu he probably has a TWKR too (for I seem to remember him liking AMD right?)