HD 5770 or GTX260+

dbk777

Greetings im new here and i need some advice i have "9800GT Green Edition" and i was going to upgrade my card to PowerColor HD 5770 or the Galaxy GTX260+ i got really confused which both card should i buy for Performance/PhysX or the DX11

Greetings im new here and i need some advice i have "9800GT Green Edition" and i was going to upgrade my card to PowerColor HD 5770 or the Galaxy GTX260+ i got really confused which both card should i buy for Performance/PhysX or the DX11

5770. And sure, the Fermi's are launching tomorrow but the prices make them irrelevant in this scenario. 5770. It overclocks like a beast when you raise the voltage a little and it has DX11. Both are great cards, but the 5770 is just better value until Nvidia brings modern competition in that price range.

5770. You'll have the latest gen card with DX11 and all that. Plus drop a second one in crossfire at a later date and that thing will beat 5850s and come close to the performance of 5870s performance for less $.

wait for nvidias cards to come out. chances are, the prices will drop

not too sure how soon that will be though. It certainly wont be immediate with ATI

The launch of NVIDIA's first wave of DX11 capable desktop graphics cards is nigh and while ATI don't have any new models on the horizon to answer to it (except for Eyefinity6 variants of existing models), there has been talk of ATI combating GTX 470/480 by lowering pricing on its cards.

However, our VGA guru Shane has heard through the grapevine that while AMD/ATI had considered doing this, it has apparently decided against it and is happy where its lineup of cards sit on the market price wise.

It's likely that this close to launch ATI have a good idea of how NVIDIA's new cards perform and don't seem to be persuaded to adjust pricing on their models; not to mention stock levels not being so much of a problem for Radeon cards these days.

source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/14622/ati_ha...unch/index.html

NVIDIA's prices hardly ever drop. I've had my GTX 275 for 10 months that cost $199.99 on sale, and the same model has been tough as hell to find, going as high as $300! I was hoping to SLI another one after a year once prices dropped, but they went up instead. :(

Go 5770.

well yeah...I mean I wouldn't lower my prices until I saw what my competitor could do :P
be quiet you. i meant to say it wouldn't be in the immediate future. :P

i guess they wouldn't want to cut the price of their cards especially if they are apparently going to launch the 5990, 5890 and 5950 soon? (see Unconfirmed HD5000 series roadmap) Cutting the price would hurt the sales of the new cards. Maybe ATI are just waiting for fermi so they can drop the above mentioned cards.

be quiet you. i meant to say it wouldn't be in the immediate future. :P

i guess they wouldn't want to cut the price of their cards especially if they are apparently going to launch the 5990, 5890 and 5950 soon? (see Unconfirmed HD5000 series roadmap) Cutting the price would hurt the sales of the new cards. Maybe ATI are just waiting for fermi so they can drop the above mentioned cards.

Perhaps, I hope the 400 series really bring some heat (though not the kind generated from ineffiency...) and lower the price on the 5 series