Please Review this Gaming Rig Build.

CrystalT

Long time reader, first time poster. I built my first gaming rig about 6 years ago and it will still run everything I throw at it. Maybe not like it should, or not with the best settings, but its never complained. The guy that helped me with all the technical knowledge is no longer around <_< and none of my other friends have this kind of knowledge. I also have been out of the country for a while (3 years) and am completely behind in technology. (Where I went, having a computer with a modem was a luxury.)

Below is a list of items that I will try and put together. Please tell me if I am missing anything completely obvious.

Will these work together.

MotherBoard: Asus P6TD Deluxe w/ TripleDDR3 1333, 1394, PCI-E, CrossFireX/ SLI

CPU: Intel Core™ i7 Processor 930 2.80GHz w/ 8MB Cache

Mem: 6GB DOMINATOR PC3-12800 C7 Triple Channel DDR3 Kit (3 x 2GB) w/ Intel XMP

HD : Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black 7200rpm SATA III w/ 64MB Cache

HD2: Corsair Extreme Series 2.5in SATA II Solid State Drive, 64GB

Optical Drive : LG BH10 Super Multi Blue 10x Internal Blu-ray Disc Writer w/ Lightscribe, SATA,

Graphics : Single Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

PowerSupply : Thermaltake Toughpower XT 850W Power Supply

Monitor : Please suggest something decent for gaming, but please comment on everything else as well. I don't want the thread full of monitor suggestions when its the least of my worries at the moment.

(Side note here, I do plan on getting Linux installed on a hard drive sooner or later and figure out how to use it. I was on track about 3 years ago. I have this strong aversion to windows, not sure why, I just instinctively hate them)

Side note. I still haven't found a decent case that I want to buy, don't understand dimensions all that well without seeing them visually. I need to fit all this stuff in there. For CPU cooling I was thinking of trying out the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler. If it won't fit or I can't find it working I'll need another air cooler. My current computers only fault (in my opinion) is that because its OC'd too high it has an excessive amount of fans in it, I don't want my new one to sound like a Boeing 727 taking off every time it loads.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Crys

Edited by CrystalT