zafriez123

AMD?Intel?Which more better

guyz..between amd and intel..which one more good..?

in malaysia..amd more cheaper..intel is very expensive..

If you are gaming AMD is the better alternative for the money. Athlon II X4s and Phenom II X3/X4 CPUs are *very* cheap and you can get away with an AM2+ motherboard and DDR2 to save money. :)

Remember when you read this... They are both excellent chips. Intel is currently the overall performance king, hands down. BUT if you're not video decoding or number crunching and just want a good gaming computer AMD will be just fine. The render times are just a few seconds apart from each other in the decoding/number crunching area. BUT Intense Gaming, day to day task mp3's they are almost identical. Not enough of a performance difference to warrant Intel's supreme price tags.

ow..thanks..

but..i see many people use Intel than AMD for gaming..

AMD is cheaper everywhere, not just Malaysia. You can save money on CPU/Mobo by going AMD (something like Phenom X4 955/965 BE) and then put more money into video card.

Amd is good, intels good. If you want to spend the money then By all means get the set-up that is going to satisfy you.

All in all. Its about you. enjoy, Hope you get what you want.

but..i see many people use Intel than AMD for gaming..

That's true - but in the end it doesn't make much of a difference at all for most games.

In Games there is no diffrence i got ATI 4870x2 2gb and AMD 955 \intel i7 920 both do 300fps 1900x1200 maxout in counterstrike at same mhz

In all the rest intel is the fastest machine !

now a got 12p P4 3000mhz\1gb desktop from work at home to build a 3ds max render machine of :D

just got to by a gigabit switch in weekend

RobBan

Edited by RobBan-Swe

I haven't really tried Intel too long to comment, but so far I am satisfied with AMD. Once again I think there about almost identical, but that is just me.

AMD vs Intel, It's like Ford vs Chevy, or Honda vs Toyota. Both are good, Each will do some things a little bit better than the other. It just boils down to which one your more comfortable working with, they each have their own idiocycricies.

Amd is a little cheaper, and at this time, doesn't quite have the performance that Intel has in a bleeding edge system.

In an average gaming system the other components in your system, and the way the operating system is configured will have more impact on performance than the choice of your brand of processor.

hey dude, i'm from malaysia too and i think amd is much better in term of price/performance ratio when it comes to gaming. and if you're lucky you can get an extra core out of it for free ^_^ if you're only gaming on the pc it's better to spent extra money on gpu than cpu