Program to access private folders for Vista on the HD from dead PC?

Disparaitre

Is there a program that will let me access private folders for specific users under Vista?

I have the passwords for the various accounts but am unable to access the folders and have tried sharing the folders and granting the rights to change the files but that isn't working with all of the folders.

The hard drive has been tested with HDAT2 and has no errors.

You could use a linux variant, boot to it and dump the files off to an external. Puppy linux is small and pretty straight forward on doing this.

Boot to it, mount your 2 drives, browse copy and paste.

Since you're not in Vista all access restrictions would be negated.

Is there a program that will let me access private folders for specific users under Vista?

I have the passwords for the various accounts but am unable to access the folders and have tried sharing the folders and granting the rights to change the files but that isn't working with all of the folders.

The hard drive has been tested with HDAT2 and has no errors.

You will have to take ownership of the whole drive.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-take-own...e-in-windows-7/

You could use a linux variant, boot to it and dump the files off to an external. Puppy linux is small and pretty straight forward on doing this.

Boot to it, mount your 2 drives, browse copy and paste.

Since you're not in Vista all access restrictions would be negated.

Honestly, I never thought about using linux o_O. I have a DSL Linux I can use by booting from the CD so I'ma give it a shot :)