Overclocking DDR2 1066 RAM beyond 1066Mhz

Hello guys, i am new to this forum so correct me if i am doing something wrong. :unsure:

I hope my system specs are visible in my signature. So basically my DDR2 RAM runs perfectly at 1066Mhz stock speeds but i was wondering how to increase the Ram frequency to something like 1160MHz like you guys have done in this article - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/oc..._hpc_1066/3.htm [bTW great review guys - you sold me on this alone!!]

I have tried nook and cranny of my bios but it does not go beyond 533 [1066Mhz] with any changes

If you want i can upload photos of my BIOS settings if that will be of any help.

PS - Also i want to help you guys with Folding@home, so what do i have to do for that.. :foldon::rolleyes:

trust me when I say that unless you have a program that requires INTENSE read and writes you won't notice a difference

and as far as Folding@Home, I would suggest downloading the console clients, since I've had better luck with them compared to the System Tray clients

Thank you Mr. potatochobit. will try increasing the fsb as you said. I just wanted to know how it is done.Thats all.8GB at 1066Mhz is more than enough for all my softwares like photoshop and games

Ihave the same RAM as the review.hehe.

EDIT : Yes!! increasing the FSB frequency worked successfully, did not have the time to test the stability though.Will confirm a stable frequency later. Thank you.

Edited by paradox167

setting up F@H is fairly easy, let us know if you have any questions, as CowKing said, using the console client is the way to go. You're going to want to download the SMP client for use on your CPU and you'll want to use the GPU client on your 5870 ;)