The Witcher 2

InCrYsIs

Just finished the game. I enjoyed it completely. I think a replay is in order but im downloading Dragon Age 2 as we speak. Gonna make a run thru that before I go back to Tha Witcha 2. Trying to get the gist of the controls is not an easy thing. Takes a little bit before you are kicking butt with Geralt. Consider the First Chapter with Foltest a Tutorial.

If you have any questions on how to beat the Kraken just speak up haha.

I have a Steelseries Keyboard with a Gaming Pad on the left side. I did a minor Remap of the Keyboard controls and Geralt became easier to master and wreak havoc with.

Using the throwing Knives helps alot. Didnt really use TRAPS at all accept foro the Magic Trap on the Kraken.

Edit: Content.

Edited by Kwok

I can't see how this game is hard.... you can just button smash your way through unless you're on Hard or Insane.

I got to chapter 3 on Insane and died in a cut scene which I find super cheap since you can't prevent it or in any way know that it will happen (plus, it's an insta-kill) so it's a really crappy way to die, but anyways the game is still more good than it is bad so I wanna wait till some sort of fix comes out for the crash and beat this sucker.

Hey Kwok, you do know that there are a few DLC packs for the Witcher 2 out already that are free rite? U should play those too if you haven't.

Edited by sack_patrol

Finally getting into this game, does anyone have any tips for the best ways to time attacks? When all those guards swarmed before the dragon chased Foltest and I over the bridge, I died about 20 times before I got through it. I tend to strike until things get crappy and then roll out in some direction and get in a more advantageous position....

I time my attacks at the end of every swing, and it comes out as a combo. It actually has a really steep learning curve but after you get the hang of it, you look forward to every battle.

I used bombs, and daggers, quen, igni and aard but no traps (just way too tedious). I don't think the game was meant to be played with just swords or else its soo hard.

I can't see how this game is hard.... you can just button smash your way through unless you're on Hard or Insane.

I got to chapter 3 on Insane and died in a cut scene which I find super cheap since you can't prevent it or in any way know that it will happen (plus, it's an insta-kill) so it's a really crappy way to die, but anyways the game is still more good than it is bad so I wanna wait till some sort of fix comes out for the crash and beat this sucker.

Hey Kwok, you do know that there are a few DLC packs for the Witcher 2 out already that are free rite? U should play those too if you haven't.

Yeah I was kind of watching for that... by the time im ready for round two, there should be some more good DLs.

Just finished the game. I enjoyed it completely. I think a replay is in order but im downloading Dragon Age 2 as we speak. Gonna make a run thru that before I go back to Tha Witcha 2. Trying to get the gist of the controls is not an easy thing. Takes a little bit before you are kicking butt with Geralt. Consider the First Chapter with Foltest a Tutorial.

If you have any questions on how to beat the Kraken just speak up haha.

I have a Steelseries Keyboard with a Gaming Pad on the left side. I did a minor Remap of the Keyboard controls and Geralt became easier to master and wreak havoc with.

Using the throwing Knives helps alot. Didnt really use TRAPS at all accept foro the Magic Trap on the Kraken.

Edit: Content.

same here, i just finished my first run through on easy, no traps and no throwing daggers. my favorite part was the dragon battle on top of loc muien and oh yea, the rose pond with triss...damn good game !!

where are the dlc's and are they compatible with the steam version ?

where are the dlc's and are they compatible with the steam version ?

Patch 1.2 supposedly installs all the DLC packs along with the patch changes but I'm not sure that that's correct since I didn't get any of them when I updated the game.

They are all free so you can just check the 1.2 patch notes and see what the names of the DLC packs are since they have been stated there (in the official witcher 2 website of course) and then just google each one of them and download. And they should be compatible with any version... in the worst case scenario, you just add them to your DLC folder manually. They're part of the game, not steam so it doesn't matter where you bought the game. The stuff should work no matter what.

Edited by sack_patrol

I played the first couple levels before I started exams and rushed the story a bit, cant wait for exams to be over so I can take my time through it and not skip dialogues :biggrin:

I just rechecked the patch 1.2 read me file and saw that not all the DLC was new missions and it does in fact get installed when you update the game. Some of the content are missions that become available through the main game, not the main menu. Other DLC includes special items that become available from the start of the game and are located in the inventory. I'm not sure though if the items are only included if you start a new game with the latest patch of if they are added no matter where you are in the game.

Doesn't quite bother me since I have to start a new game anyways because I died on Insane in chapter 3. The ''Crash To Desktop'' problem still hasn't been fixed so I haven't played for a while and I'll gladly go though it. Hopefully I don't encounter anymore stupid cut scene deaths.