Possible problem with GTX 285 2g

nullyn

I have been trying to play MW2 and Battlefield 2, every time I try and start the game it will either give me a BSOD or the game will load and as soon as I get to playable content will flash back and forth between my desktop and the game till the game crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video drivers multiple time from both nvidia and 3d guru. I have tried new and old drivers as well. I have also tried reinstalling win7 x64 on three different hard drives and also just tried vista x64 on one HDD. I had the same problem when win7 first came out but it was easily fixed by uninstalling my sound card driver. Currently I have a copy of both vista 64 and win7 64 installed on two different HDD's and the only things installed is the 2 games and the graphics drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this has been annoying me for a little over a week now and I am about fed up with it.

Try the card in a different computer.

- If it doesn't work and/or gives you similar problems, RMA the card.

Try a different card in your computer.

- If it doesn't work and you're 100% sure it's a good card, it could be an issue with your motherboard or even the slot the card is in. Do you have another slot to try the card in? If so, try it out.

downclock ur processor and then try playin the game ,if it works ur overclock was unstable,if it still doesnt work ,remove the graphic card and play it on the onboard if it works but the game will probably lagg,then its ur GPU problem.

thank you very much for your input. I will try the card in a different slot tonight after work, hopefully it will work since I am really not wanting to buy another card.

Edit: I switched the card to the other PCIE slot and the same thing happend so i am going to assume that its the card. I dont have a way to take the card out completely and try it as that is the only connection I have to my monitor. I unfortunately do not have an extra card laying around and neither do any of my friends from work. Thank you all for your help.

Edited by nullyn