PC to TV

loser12

I am getting ready to build a new system with Windows 7. My new PC will be right next to my old Mitsubishi projection TV. I would like to send movies, pictures and whatnot to the TV. Is there an deasy way to do this, ie video card or other hardware?

thanks

If its like my old Mitsubishi it probably has a DVI slot in the back. Can't remember what resolution it supported for PC. Only hooked up the PS3 to it a few times. Too much of a hassle to move around all the audio equipment to get room to test out the PC.

my Mitsubishi is an older rear projection from the early days of HD Ready TVs and it has a DVI plug for an HD receiver...that is what I use and then I patch the audio via PC Audio 1/8 jack to a RCA adapter splitter...works very well

It says not for PC hook up but it works fine...

Component out works fine too...

so it's just as simple as hooking up a PC to a monitor, then? The resolution looks okay and everything? Do I need a special card?

No DVI or HDMI; just coaxial, s-video and component hookups on my TV

What video card do you have? Your video card just needs to have svideo or dvi slot. I think the dvi to component adapters are only for certain ATI cards.

Check your TV manual for the recommended TV resolution. If you lost the manual, go to the manufacture's website and search for the manual there.

You said the TV is 1080i. Therefore, the proper resolution from the computer would be 1920x1080.

You'll want to use the component (RGB) in order to get this resolution, as S-video or composite only support standard definition resolutions.