Sign in to follow this  
InCrYsIs

Looks like healthcare is a go.

Lemme get this straight....we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong?

right along the lines of what RR posted....

why is it Government is trying to reform anything at all when in fact THEY are teh ones that NEED the MOST REFORM....geeze....

and WE THE PEOPLE let them do it...?

revolution people....revolution....who's going to start it...????

revolution people....revolution....who's going to start it...???

That is what its going to take because there not listening, they do what the want and say to hell with the people. Everyone needs to rise up on there arse...

That is what its going to take because there not listening, they do what the want and say to hell with the people. Everyone needs to rise up on there arse...

Ok lets all go home and watch V for Vendetta tonight and duplicate the movie. I call not it on the prison scene. :)

Edited by krazypoloc

I think some people keep missing the point here. He covered the fact that health insurance only benefits people that are chronically sick or have a major health issue come up. Like a major accident, cancer, ect.

Your missing the point that its YOUR CHOICE whether or not you want health insurance. You or I cannot say that everyone is not fit to pay out of pocket because they are not capable of managing their finances and building a buffer for those expenses that come up in life. Its not our place and certainly not the governments place to make these decisions for us.

I understand it's a personal choice

I don't really feel like getting into another long argument so I'm just going to end it there.

Edited by fire_storm

I understand it's a personal choice

I don't really feel like getting into another long argument so I'm just going to end it there.

Alright man lets take this fight online. :)

Greengiant, do not confuse Republican with conservative. An individual mandate is a draconian leftist tactic advocated by none other than leftists, including John McCain and Mitt Romney. In reality, an individual mandate has been around for decades, at first advocated by the Democratic congresses throughout the 70s. But, like I stated earlier, tyranny doesn't have a party affiliation. There are big-government leftists in both parties, which is why you need to stop looking at issues down party lines. Look at it as Tyranny vs. Freedom, and not Democrat vs. Republican.

Nor do I.The reason I posted that article was because I found it interesting that those whom originally supported an idea of Individual Mandate are now the ones one the front lines of being against it. Kinda Ironic...

I rarely look at party lines anymore. I vote for whom I think will do the best job, I am mostly a liberal with most of my ideals. There are several things that I do support that are more conservative, second amendment, fiscal policy, etc... The things that I am more liberal about is issues like healthcare, equal rights, etc... I believe that every American has a basic human right to have the opportunity for equal healthcare. I don't think people should be discriminated against for a pre-existing condition, they shouldn't be dropped from the insurance, and making insurance affordable for everyone.

This law is the first piece of real legislation that even moves towards those three goals, while its far from perfect I expect that it will iron out in time and history will look at it as a positive thing. To keep living with the current status quo was just not an option and I am glad that there has been a major step towards health reform. Mine you this wont solve all the problems, but as I said it is a major step, nothing more...

Also people remember that there is a difference between debating/sharing opinions, and then there is arguing. Lets try and refrain from the arguing as it:

arguingontheinternet.jpg

Also people remember that there is a difference between debating/sharing opinions, and then there is arguing. Lets try and refrain from the arguing as it:

arguingontheinternet.jpg

Much the same as arguing in real life. :)

revolution people....revolution....who's going to start it...????

I really hope your being sarcastic. why would you start a revolution for a silly reason like taxes? Maybe if they try to take away your freedoms given by the amendments, but preemptive strikes are some of the worst ever used. I mean how do you know that this is going to fail? This isn't like most universal health care laws

As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.
Edited by CowKing

I really hope your being sarcastic. why would you start a revolution for a silly reason like taxes? Maybe if they try to take away your freedoms given by the amendments, but preemptive strikes are some of the worst ever used. I mean how do you know that this is going to fail? This isn't like most universal health care laws

There are some people out there who believe that is exactly what the government is doing and that a revolution is needed.

Taking away your freedoms? The government already did that with the Patriot Act for good or for worse it is still taking away of civil liberties.

In the original US government there was no such thing as Federal Taxes (The congress could request funds from states, but the states rarely would give it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_of_Confederation) One of the reasons for the revolutionary war was taxation without representation, the colonies were getting taxed while the the British homeland enjoyed the benefits.

Our founders hated the idea of being taxed, and wanted to leave it up to the individual states, but they realized that the country would go bankrupt if they didn't have some sort of revenue.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...d=1793716

Needless to say I don't think we to the point of revolution. I don't think this country is in as much trouble as people make it out. Economics take it for what it is, if you have read about history, there are moments of prosperity and recession. Eventually it works itself out.

Are you familiar with the American Revolution? From what I remember one of the biggest gripes was no taxation without representation. Too bad they started that revolution over something silly.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-2...w-update1-.html

So...this "healthcare" bill will force Deere to either cut health benefits (ironic I know), or raise machinery costs. Increased machinery costs will make every thing from construction to food more expensive.

But hey, at least the people who can no longer feed their families have healthcare right? Is starving a medical condition? Fortunately for the would-be starving people, it looks like Deere will cut benefits.

Edited by 94Camaro