EA to follow Ubisoft with always on DRM

sdy284

Ac2- one of the first drm online games. I am quite sure that since there isnt even a working crack, the piracy numbers are .ing low!

you're also forgetting its been out on ps3 & xbox since november. a lot of people who cbf waiting for the pc version went and got it on a console. I am one of those people. It was on sale, i dont have to use 60% of my monthly download cap and 10+hrs of my time waiting for it to download, and i dont have drm. Ticks all the boxes in my books.

My point is i dont know of many if any people that get a console version of a game and then either buy or pirate the PC version 4 months down the track.

also as deathmineral said. downloads on one torrent site means nothing. you need to count the thousands of them. and you're also making a big assumption with torrent sites. 1 download does not = 1 lost sale. 1 download does not = 1 copy pirated. i've downloaded a torrent file before and then never actually used the torrent file in a torrent client. therefore downloads on the torrent page went up 1 but the number of people who downloaded the files in the torrent didnt go up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've downloaded a torrent file before and then never actually used the torrent file in a torrent client. therefore downloads on the torrent page went up 1 but the number of people who downloaded the files in the torrent didnt go up.

Funny that you mention that actually, I've done the exact same thing, downloaded lots of files in the past and never even bothered with them. In fact, as I'm sure you all know, torchlight was on sale for $5 the other day and so I went ahead and bought that, which was probably a mistake because now I'm addicted :( , but I've had a pirated version of the game for months before I bought it on steam but I never actually bothered with it. In my opinion, a lot people probably don't realize that some people use piracy that way though, like bilcliff said, 1 pirated download doesn't mean a lost sale, I've bought tons of games that I've pirated and beaten before buying.

march 9th AC2 released, was cracked , then ubisoft "updated" servers and had issues.

now.. little less than 5 days from a month being out, the complete work-around is released.

so all this garbage drama, non pirated users being screwed for a while initally...

was it really worth it ubisoft?

Everywhere in torrent sites. Coming crack was obvious from the start. All the ubi did was help haxors learn a new way to crack games and with AC being the beta testing of they new learned skills, DRM will no longer be any problem...cracking DRM games will be Just Another Crack for the haxors.

And it's ironic that the crack makes the game BETTER that the original version...and when haxors start making games better than the developers themselves, you know that something's gone horribly wrong. But what do I care...I just wanna play the game and I think it's obvious which version won. Waiting payed off.

lul gg ubisoft

Edited by ballist1x